Free paint job!!! I need a V front bumper!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Free paint job!!! I need a V front bumper!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok so here is the scoop. The other day I washed my car. Did the full detailing and everything. Car ...
    Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package

Free paint job!!! I need a V front bumper!!

Ok so here is the scoop. The other day I washed my car. Did the full detailing and everything. Car looked mint. Then a few days later I noticed that my paint was fawked. The car had become a victim of fallout. Now all of you are like what in the hell is fallout? Ok, I live in Sudbury, Ontario Canada. Sudbury is the nickel capital of the world, meaning we have 2 major companies with about 15 mines combined that mine and smelter nickel as well as copper and gold. Anyways, one of the smelters has a massive smoke/exhaust stack. Its like 1200 ft high. Well, one of the byproducts of smelting is acid, which comes out of the stack. So, on certain days if the wind is right or if it rains, it makes a nasty acid rain which drops acid on cars. Doesn't happen often but it happens. The company pays for any cars that are effected by such "fallout". My car was effected. So, now I am getting the whole car repainted.

I am looking to do the V bumper upgrade. So, I am looking for the bumper and grills. I have seen alot of members do it lately. I look at the finished pics but I don't really read much about where they got the parts from. So, to those that have done it, where did you find the best price on parts? I know the eBay non OEM grills may not fit perfect but I did see a nice black chrome one that I will probably get to stay with the blacked out theme of my car.

All help is appreciated.

Also, I will probably be selling my "sport" grill which I know many of you want. I would also trade it for a V grill(s) that someone isn't using.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Re: Free paint job!!! I need a V front bumper!!

Why not keep the Sport Grille ? It looks way better than the V Grille.
    TunixComplex likes this.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Mind providing pictures of this "fall out"?

KOT

Leects07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts sport/luxury pkg

That's some serious acid rain .. I've seen acid pitting and hazing on clear coats from various cars around the states most can be buffed or cut with a compound

At least the company pays for it .thats something you don't see often I'd keep the sport grille it's the best looking grille in my opinion ..and invest in a durable quality car cover ..keep it in the trunk .that would be how I would roll

KOT I will get pics. Guys I love the sport grill also, I was only going to sell it cause I thought it didn't fit in the V bumper. I thought the V grill was wider. That's good news, I will keep it and just look for the lower grill.

I must of missed the part in the sports grill. But I do have to go along with those two above. Keep the sports grill. It will fit in the V bumper. I know this because many people have installed the V grill into the base bumper.

KOT

Ok, here is a pic of the paint. What you are looking for is tiny white/gray specs. This is a close up so the pic isn't the greatest. But the car is COVERED in these. This is what the acid rain does to the paint. It is on the hood, roof, trunk and the tops of the fenders and rear quarters and also down the sides of the car pretty much up to the side molding.

And about the side moldings, if I pull those off, is there an indent in the door for those, or can I pull them off completely and have a nice smooth door? I would like to keep them off but don't want to have to fill in the indents with body filler.

ice berg slim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    KOT I will get pics. Guys I love the sport grill also, I was only going to sell it cause I thought it didn't fit in the V bumper. I thought the V grill was wider. That's good news, I will keep it and just look for the lower grill.
    Damn i was ready to make an offer on that sports grill haha

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I'm not sure, but if you just use filler to fill indents, it will just crack.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    I'm not sure, but if you just use filler to fill indents, it will just crack.
    Yup, not worth it unless it has no indent. I am sure someone here knows.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

There was a thread with pics awhile back. Guy was doing the exact thing, inprep for wrapping the car in matte. Looks like too much work, to me.

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

i dont think the sport grill will fit your car after you fit the v bumper so it would look better on my car, seen as it is black

ice berg slim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L

Quote Originally Posted by CTSUK View Post
    i dont think the sport grill will fit your car after you fit the v bumper so it would look better on my car, seen as it is black
    I disagree...think it will look better on my car

Down boys down lol. I will see what I get for a bumper and what grills I get with it if any. I will start my search for the bumper tonight after work. No Caddy's at local wreckers here. Maybe I can persuade one of you Toronto boys to visit the southern wreckers for me? I would like to find a rear damaged V and grab all the parts I need.....and the exhaust!

Actually the Sports grill will look better on my CTS...

Oh wait I already have it.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.