key in ignition question.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, key in ignition question. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So I have a compustar remote start system with alarm. I also have the proximity ez go add on. My ...
    pinspade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter

key in ignition question.

So I have a compustar remote start system with alarm. I also have the proximity ez go add on. My question is can I leave my key in the ignition full time. That way I don't have to pull my keys out every time I get in the car. When I walk to the car the doors unlock. I would like to be able to get in my car and start it without having to fumble with the keys.

----------

As I'm will it kill the battery or mess with an of the systems. I'd leave the key in the off position of course

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L
    Sounds like you might want to switch the ignition out and install a push button start, I thought about having this one installed in my car but was too scared to pull the trigger on it.

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/KEYL...--PG-1temp.htm

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: key in ignition question.

would be more secure to get a passkey system that loops over the ignition barrel and sends the signal to the ignition and hide your spare key away out of plain sight.
    only takes a broken window and your cars gone.

aviatordave is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 1976 Seville (sold)

Re: key in ignition question.

I'd have to wonder if your insurance would pay-off when they found out you left the key in the ignition. CTSUK has a good idea.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.