Replace headlight "triangle bulb" HID question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Replace headlight "triangle bulb" HID question in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Im doing a full interior and exterior LED swap in my car. I was wondering if it is possible to ...
    kylebooth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Replace headlight "triangle bulb" HID question

Im doing a full interior and exterior LED swap in my car. I was wondering if it is possible to replace the "triangle" bulb in the headlights with a LED bulb? Is it easy to access with headlights removed? Im not sure what that light actually is? maybe a DRL? if somebody knows what im talking about any help would be appreciated. My car is equipped with HIDS. Thanks

----------

If anyone knows the part number that would be very helpful as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebooth View Post
    Im doing a full interior and exterior LED swap in my car. I was wondering if it is possible to replace the "triangle" bulb in the headlights with a LED bulb? Is it easy to access with headlights removed? Im not sure what that light actually is? maybe a DRL? if somebody knows what im talking about any help would be appreciated. My car is equipped with HIDS. Thanks

----------

If anyone knows the part number that would be very helpful as well.
    With the lights off its simple to change it, and the bulb is 194

Re: Replace headlight "triangle bulb" HID question

Have you done this yet? how many LEDS did you use on the bulb? 4 led? 5led?

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebooth View Post
    Have you done this yet? how many LEDS did you use on the bulb? 4 led? 5led?
    On the 194 bulbs I used 4led with a 30 degree beam angle I think.

Thanks a lot.

s_tharsan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport

I did this a while ago with the head light out since I was doing the HID conversion. But I'm pretty sure if you remove the wheel well guard you can access it by feel. Saves you a lot of time removing the bumper and headlight unit.

Okay awesome. Good info. Have any of you replaced the fog light bulb with LEDs?

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

did mine a while back, put 9 smd ones in mine, bumper off job sadly to get to them so the led is a viable replacement to save doing the replacements to often.
    Everything looks pretty much the same to the stock hid's

Matt4949 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6 Black

You do not need to remove the bumper to get to the "triangle" light or the fog light. Remove the wheel well liner and the fogs are self explanatory. There is an access cover on the bottom of the headlights to get to the triangle lights. I've used both 5 and 9 smd towers in the triangles and they both fit. I have the 5's in now to match the intensity of my other LEDs. I have LEDs in my fogs too, for the record.

Jaxle67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts
    Car looks good matt. I replaced the little triangle bulbs as well on mine but I do think the no on ky bulb es a 2825 it is the same size and design as the 194 bulbs. It was a Sylvania osram bulb that was by far brighter than the cheapo led 194 bulbs thst came as a 2 pack for like 10 bucks. I think the osrams 2825 were somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 dollars apiece at my local napa store. I moved the cheapos to the liscense plate but they are not bright enough for my liking so Im going to put 2 more of the slvanias in there as well. I setup like the color even on the cheapos. Both sets were 6k. Jesse

Leects07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts sport/luxury pkg

Normally the parts store led bulbs aren't very bright ..I purchase all my led bulbs from superbrightleds.com
    They have multiple intensity ranges and pretty much everything you could ever desire led automotive use
    They also have a cross reference page to tell you what bulbs go we're ..there in all my cars some for years now

Jaxle67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts
    I could tell by the package that the cheap ones probably wouldnt be that good but I was in there for somwthing else so I picked them up anyway. I did like the color so when I saw the good ones I picked them up. Ive got to do alittle more to the headlights . The pasenger side lens is brand new and crystal clear. The driver side has a small crack and is constantly filled with moisture. Im going to order a new housing and go ahead with a hid conversion in a couple weeks. Im still up in the air on the color. The 6k leds look good but im not sure about going 6k on the hids. I certainly know 8 k is not for me but ill get it figured out. I keep looking at um on the road but 6 is probably gonna be it Jesse

rickcordes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS

Can you guys give me the steps to removing the wheel well liner? One of my triangle lights just burnt out so I'm going to put some LEDs in.

Thanks!

TunixComplex is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 5M

Matt,

It almost looks like you have an LED strip inside your headlight. Did you have to crack open the lights to install that?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rickcordes View Post
    Can you guys give me the steps to removing the wheel well liner?
    1. Look at the wheel well liner and find all of the plastic push-pin panel fastener thingies.
    2. Remove the plastic push-pin panel fastener thingies. A flat head screwdriver and needle nose pliers work wonders.
    3. Remove the wheel well liner.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.