03 cts went crazy today.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03 cts went crazy today. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So today my check engine light came on and gave me a p0171 code. A few moments later after a ...
    arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package

03 cts went crazy today.

So today my check engine light came on and gave me a p0171 code. A few moments later after a restart and driving again the radio would turn off and on by itself but the car would stay running keep in mind my radio is aftermarket. Then later on I came out and restarted my car and the traction control light would stay lit. This part only happened once though. So later on in the evening when it wasn't as warm out everything worked as it should with no issues except the check engine light is still lit. I've fought with this error code for about a month last year before I figured out what it was caused by but now i don't know what to think with everything that happened after the cel came on. I'm just wondering if anyone would have an idea of what would cause the radio and tc light issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Now today theft came on and now my key is stuck in the ignition

Another update here, car will start without a jump but the key won't come out or turn to the off position, and while running the car will not shift out of park. I'm currently waiting on a tow truck to take it to the dealership to have checked out. I'm thinking and the dealership is to that my ecm has failed.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 03 cts went crazy today.

yeah ... i hate to say it but that sounds like the typical ECM failure symptoms
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by arogers260 View Post
    Now today theft came on and now my key is stuck in the ignition
    Yeah I don't see it being the battery since I don't need to jump it to start. But I have a third party warranty that does cover the ecm, I'm not sure if its covered 100 % but it is a covered item.

Yeah I don't see it being the battery since I don't need to jump it to start. But I have a third party warranty that does cover the ecm, I'm not sure if its covered 100 % but it is a covered item.
    Its the ecm and and anti theft module. The ecm is on back order so could be sometime before I get it back. I did get a loaner srx for the time being though.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k

I had a 2012 SRX loaner when my STS went in for a warrantied starter replacement...Was not impressed by the SRX, lacked power and had just a few blind spots Give me the 1st Gen SRX with a Northstar and then we're talking
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

there are some ECMs still out there in dealer stock

i just snagged one up for a member from Canada (shipping it to NY for him)

i had to call about 8 dealers that showed it on the locator before i got one that actually had it in stock and would sell it

plus we had to do a custom "manual SPRINT" order through the GM via the phone since we were ordering the older part number
    the GM ordering system will automatically supercede that part number to the newer part number (no dealers have any left in stock)
    thus necessitating the need for a manual SPRINT order
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    I had a 2012 SRX loaner when my STS went in for a warrantied starter replacement...Was not impressed by the SRX, lacked power and had just a few blind spots Give me the 1st Gen SRX with a Northstar and then we're talking
    So far I'm not too impressed myself but I wouldn't buy one anyways, but atleast I've got some wheels till mines done. And I agree with the blindspots. Those little windows in the rear are pry the culprits.
    Rippy I'm not sure when exactly ill know but they said it will pry be monday before they find out anything.

But the cue sysyem is pretty nice but a bit confusing at first. I don't plan on figuring it out either since I won't have it too long.

So today I got out of the srx loaner into an xts4 and man this car is beautiful!!! But I'm still waiting on my ecm to show up for my cts.

So today I was informed by my local cadillac that there was a quality control issue at the plant making ecms for our cars. They have stopped production until the problem is resolved, and an estimated date of august 15 to start production back up. There are also 600 other people currently waiting along with myself. So my car may be at cadillac close to 2 months while I continue to make my car payments to just sit there. Maybe customer care will read this, maybe not. But that's a bit outrageous imo.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

So today I was informed by my local cadillac that there was a quality control issue at the plant making ecms for our cars. They have stopped production until the problem is resolved, and an estimated date of august 15 to start production back up. There are also 600 other people currently waiting along with myself. So my car may be at cadillac close to 2 months while I continue to make my car payments to just sit there. Maybe customer care will read this, maybe not. But that's a bit outrageous imo.
    Hello arogers260,

I apologize for any inconvenience this is for you. Can you please private message me so we can further discuss your situation? I will be sure to be on the lookout for your message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Finally got sone good news on this situation. The new ecm will be shipping sometime next week.

Final update here for anyone needing a new ecm. My service advisor misread the information about the shipping date. New ecms will be shipping the week of 9/18, not 8/18. So another month before new ecms are available and hopefully the failure rate will be 0 after this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.