torque
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaxle67
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, torque in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I just recently aquired a Bluetooth obd2 adapter and downloaded torque pro for my tablet. I can say it works ...
    Jaxle67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

torque

I just recently aquired a Bluetooth obd2 adapter and downloaded torque pro for my tablet. I can say it works really well. I have scanned my car and probably 10 more coworkers cars. I was just curious at what other members use and how they compare to the torque app

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    What is this app suppose to do?

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k
    Quote Originally Posted by Teedoe
    What is this app suppose to do?
    Google it, it's pretty sweet...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Well torque is an app you can download from the ply store. There is a free version and a pro version which I think was like 6 dollars or so. It turns your android phone or in my case I use my galaxy tablet because of the screen size into a code reader basically. You have to purchase a bluetooth adapted that plugs into any obd2 equipped car. It can read trouble codes, clear them once fixed and even show realtime data as the car is running. It can even show 0 to 60 times 1/4 mile times etc. There are lots of parameters that you can see. Its very useful for any diy type individuals who fix there own vehicles or freinds. There are several different adapters available on amazon ranging from 10 bucks to well over 100 dollars. My buddy purchased a 15 dollar one but couldnt get it to read any info. I bought on that cost 34 dollars pluss shipping and it paired right up and read info right away. As was stated do a google search and read up. I also have a actron hand held scanner that I bought a couple years back and the torque app will do everything that the dedicated scanner will do plus some. I was just wondering if anyone has used different software besides torque and what they thought of it. Jesse
    Teedoe likes this.

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base

Re: torque

Would it work for iPhone?

Leects07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts sport/luxury pkg

I have the torque app for android and the blue tooth scanner .it is buy far the cheapest scan tool .
    Has some pretty cool features for gauge read outs and real time display .been using it on both my camaro and cts as well as many other friends cars .. Total cost for blue tooth scanner 14.00 dollars eBay

As far as iPhone apps there are some very similar but not sure if the torque app is available
    Think the popular iPhone/iPad obd2 app is Lemar

I do believe there is s I phone or pad version but I haven't researched that. Best bet is look into the apple app store and do a search for something along the lines of obd2 scan software. I would think there would be something similar to the torque app for android. Search and you shall find. If there is something available for you then the price of the software and a Bluetooth adapter just can't beat it. Plus even if your car has no issues it is just simply cool. As I originally posted I do have a actron dedicated scan tool that is a couple years old and really now the only reason I still use it at all is because I have the adapter cable that lets me hook up to the old type plug that my 2 pre 96 ford work trucks has. Sure beats the hell out of counting flasing lights on the dash for sure. Good luck Jesse

----------

The Bluetooth adapter I used was BAFX product. I can't recall the model no but they have one on amazon for 24 dollars plus shipping. There are many version available from 10 dollars all the way to 100 +. I heard people using the cheapest ones with good results . I just picked an average one that was inexpensive but not the cheapest and out has world perfectly everytime. They only difference that I have read about is the communication speed between the adapter and whatever device your using to see the info. Jesse

SWells is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

I have the same set up and think it is great. Cost me $25 for the reader and $6 for the app.......work better and gives me far more info than my $200 OBDII reader.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.