the best way to run a cadillac cts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tlorenzen
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, the best way to run a cadillac cts in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; greetings to all I stand, I have a cadillac cts 2004, great car I love. I have a question because ...
    chava cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

the best way to run a cadillac cts

greetings to all

I stand, I have a cadillac cts 2004, great car I love. I have a question because I like to run my car, what is the best way to run it at 1/4 mile?. putting it in drive and sport mode?, or suggestions?

excuse my bad English but am just learning

pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 130k

Re: the best way to run a cadillac cts

The computer in these cars pretty much does all the work for you, traction, torque management, etc...Just slap her in Sport mode and hammer down my friend!
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    The computer in these cars pretty much does all the work for you, traction, torque management, etc...Just slap her in Sport mode and hammer down my friend!
    thank you very much for your answer, I'll put some rims VOSSEN his VOLANT CAI and exhaust system BORLA. Know where I can get a supercharger?

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 130k

Supercharger??? Good luck

It's called the V mod....It entails selling your current CTS and buying a V...Sorry to burst your bubble, but there isn't much out there for forced induction unless you have some serious dollars to spend as it would be a completely custom job.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Welcome to the forums, Chava.

There are not any superchargers for your CTS.

Your best option would be to call Tracey at Rev Xtreme, and talk to him about what it would take to mount his Cadillac CTS LLT Vortech Supercharger to the LY7 in your car... assuming your car has the 3.6L LY7. The LLT supercharger costs $5,900. Here is a link:
    http://www.revxtreme.com/rx-supercha...-camaro-cts-v6
    Tracey's number is 941-721-1826.
    He also posts on this forum. He makes really good products, and is one of the only people out there making things specifically for our cars.

As far as tracking your car, put it in Sport mode and gun it. The transmission is pretty smart and will figure out what you are trying to do. You can let off the gas just a bit once you spike the RPMs to kind of force it to shift, but you do not have to.

Welcome again. Have fun with your car.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Hey man, digging those rims!

Do you have any mods done to the car?

I run a 14.5 @ 93.7 in the quarter. I run mine in sport mode and just let it shift itself and torque load it to about 2500. Depending on what you have done that number may be a little different. Ex wider tires. looks like you have 245's? You may be able to launch slightly harder. Also, It may be a good idea for you to take the spare tire out etc..weight reduction is fairly easy in this car. Happy running and get some vids if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Chava.

There are not any superchargers for your CTS.

Your best option would be to call Tracey at Rev Xtreme, and talk to him about what it would take to mount his Cadillac CTS LLT Vortech Supercharger to the LY7 in your car... assuming your car has the 3.6L LY7. The LLT supercharger costs $5,900. Here is a link:
    http://www.revxtreme.com/rx-supercha...-camaro-cts-v6
    Tracey's number is 941-721-1826.
    He also posts on this forum. He makes really good products, and is one of the only people out there making things specifically for our cars.

As far as tracking your car, put it in Sport mode and gun it. The transmission is pretty smart and will figure out what you are trying to do. You can let off the gas just a bit once you spike the RPMs to kind of force it to shift, but you do not have to.

Welcome again. Have fun with your car.
    thanks for your comments, analyzing the costs you make me think it would be better to find a CTS-V 2005, would spend almost the same.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    Hey man, digging those rims!

Do you have any mods done to the car?

I run a 14.5 @ 93.7 in the quarter. I run mine in sport mode and just let it shift itself and torque load it to about 2500. Depending on what you have done that number may be a little different. Ex wider tires. looks like you have 245's? You may be able to launch slightly harder. Also, It may be a good idea for you to take the spare tire out etc..weight reduction is fairly easy in this car. Happy running and get some vids if you can!

by the time the car is STOCK, I ran a few weeks ago in one eighth of a mile, won 7 and lost 1. The car is in perfect condition so you can give your full potential. I had not changed anything because I had plans to buy a CHARGER RT, but in the end I did not sell my CTS.

Seeketh CTS-V 2005, meanwhile VOSSEN'll buy some rims that which brings right now I do not like, then its VOLANT CAI and exhaust system BORLA.

Any other suggestions to run a little more?

This Friday we will run, I will try to take video

Contact Tracy. His VMAX Iceolator ice a nice improvement as well. 941-721-1826 Chargers suck! don't get those Cadillac all the way haha
    DavidW87 likes this.

Contact Tracy. His VMAX Iceolator ice a nice improvement as well. 941-721-1826 Chargers suck! don't get those Cadillac all the way haha
    I'll stay with my Cadillac, I think it has more presence and luxury that the charger

DavidW87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 V6, AFE CAI, CTS-V grill,

I got an 04 also and I'm just curious what makes and models did you run against? (To the best of your ability)

Also how many miles you got on that white pearl

Jaxle67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts
    If its just pure power you are after then get the v. As a former bracket racer i can tel you that speed is not the key to winning bracket races. Its the ability of you and your car doing the same over and over.. Now If your wanting to make people stand there with their mouth open amazed at how fast a luxery car can be buy a ctsv and hammer down and hold on because the average bracket racer are not used to seeing a caddy outrun their bigblock powered nova etc that they had to trailer their car to the track.

ran against a JETTA 2003, I think you know him as BORA, among its changes I know are the REPRO STAGE 1 and METHANOL. Another was against a NEO VVL engine SENTRA. one SHADOW TURBO. and CIVIC SI.

In all win, nothing but the Jetta is the only one that I almost reached, may be for the power to weight factor, my car is much heavier and I also weight as 40 kilos more than the Jetta corridor.

my cts has 60,000 miles[COLOR="Silver"]

Have any time slips? Or is this just street?

Have any time slips? Or is this just street?
    just street

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.