Aftermarket alarm/ remote start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikehenya
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Aftermarket alarm/ remote start in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Does anyone that has one on recommend getting it and witch one And has there been any problems with the ...
    =Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts

Aftermarket alarm/ remote start

Does anyone that has one on recommend getting it and witch one
    And has there been any problems with the car after it was put on

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: Aftermarket alarm/ remote start

I would like some guidance on this as well. Thinking about having CarToys install an alarm, air-horn, and parking sensors but I do not know how our insanely complicated cars take to aftermarket alarms. I have heard too many horror stories involving our electrical systems to just take the gamble and bring it in.

But if an aftermarket alarm is the only way to get all my F-ing doors to unlock with one push of the unlock button, then so be it. Tired of jamming on that thing a million damn times to get something out of the back seat. Oh, you didnt hit it the second time quick enough? Now you have to hit it two more times, this time around, make sure to do it with the quickness. Piss off. Unlock THE CAR when I hit the unlock button. Everything locks with one button. Everything should unlock with one button, dammit.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    I could swear that there was an option to unlock all doors via the remote.

If not, there are ways around that. Quite possible with a simple piece of wire.

Gotta look into the radio first. And if not, gotta look into a schematic.

KOT

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I would like some guidance on this as well. Thinking about having CarToys install an alarm, air-horn, and parking sensors but I do not know how our insanely complicated cars take to aftermarket alarms. I have heard too many horror stories involving our electrical systems to just take the gamble and bring it in.

But if an aftermarket alarm is the only way to get all my F-ing doors to unlock with one push of the unlock button, then so be it. Tired of jamming on that thing a million damn times to get something out of the back seat. Oh, you didnt hit it the second time quick enough? Now you have to hit it two more times, this time around, make sure to do it with the quickness. Piss off. Unlock THE CAR when I hit the unlock button. Everything locks with one button. Everything should unlock with one button, dammit.
    I actually like this feature. I agree it can be annoying when needing to open back doors (get used to hitting twice?) its a nice safety feature if your somewhere sketchy at night.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Yes, it is very time consuming & fatiguing to push that button twice.

Its like in the Avengers where Tony Stark asks how Nick Fury sees the left side monitors, and when they tell him that Nick Fury has to turn his head to see them, Tony says it sounds exhausting. Turning one's head to the left sounds exhausting...

That is how I feel about hitting the button twice.

I do not live my life in fear. Bad neighborhood, Mr. Roger's neighborhood, I do not care. I am not a cute little girl walking to my car alone in a dark parking garage. I am a 6'3", 185lb man. I am not scared.

I am, however, inconvenienced by having my car not unlock when I hit the unlock button. If you had to hit a power button twice for something to turn on, you would complain. Its not something to get used to, its something to fix.

mikehenya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

To the OP's original question, I have a compustar 6000 series remote start (with alarm) and it works great. I got the 2 way remotes so they will confirm when the car is running. I love it, it unlocks all doors (double tap) pops trunk, starts, etc....plus options galore. I love it.
    DavidBoren likes this.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

I use the python 991 on my vehicles. It has lcd readout and feedback letting you know if the doirs locked or not.Also feedback if the alarm has been triggered. Lots of other features too like remote start, inside cabin temp, can be set to start car if it gets to hot. Has a 1mile range I believe. I started the car from the other side of a shopping mall just to test it. The remotes have 2 user capability, if you have 2 cars with the same alarm you can use 1 remote for both. There may be others out there with the same capability but since im use to this one I stick with it. It's made by dei and I have it on my cts's, escalade, and avalanche and I have never had a problem with it.

@DavidBoren, I thought ther was a setting in the dic that would enable all doors to unlock at once. I'll have to check when I get back in town.

Python 991?
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...p-n-5702P.html
    I like it. I like it lots.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

The lcd remote is rechargeable, I use a multi adapter phon charger for mine. But it come with a a/c charger and you can change the color of the lcd display. I like it it lots too.

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

I have the viper alarm remote start on my grand marquis and it works great and is loud. Am wanting to get it on my CTS next.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

I also have a python on my wifes car. Its an older model then the 991 but does the same stuff. We have had no problems with it at all and have had it on the car for 2 years.

ham4864 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i installed my own alarm/remote start/window roll up module.(omega 830i7) check it out
    Omega offers free live tech support viper doesn't
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFkf6jnVRGI

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.