LLT intake on a LY7?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kael
  • 1 Post By DavidBoren
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, LLT intake on a LY7? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Can it be done? The LLT has the additoon of a plenum plate that you can add a spacer to ...
    Kael is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option

LLT intake on a LY7?

Can it be done?

The LLT has the additoon of a plenum plate that you can add a spacer to that would increase perfomrance.

Is there an issue with swapping the LLT (fifth gen camaro v-6) intake over to the Ly7 (2004-2008 CTS)

I am getting my mad scientist back on.
    Tlorenzen likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k

Re: LLT intake on a LY7?

There is an intake spacer already available for the LY7 so is this really necessary? Just a thought
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

I was instantly interested in this, hoping there were cool 90mm Camaro throttle bodies available for the LLT. There arent, so honestly, with Tracey making us a throttle body, I do not see the point.
    Options are always awesome, though.
    And Tracey will be able to answer this question in two seconds flat by seeing if the LY7 and LLT intake spacers line up. Its a matter of ports and bolts, thats it.
    Does the LLT intake flow that much better?
    What is your end game for this, Mr. Mad-scientist? I am all ears.

Well the llt has both an intake spacer and a plenum chamber spacer available.
    here is a thread on camaro5.com
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16893

The LLT intake also has a lid for the plenum on the top so that you can put a spacer in there as well.
    from the thread:
    PLENUM SPACER

A plenum spacer is a special spacer that sits between your plenum cover and intake manifold. Its main purpose is to improve air distribution between cylinders by slowing down the air speed inside the plenum chamber. As a result there is less of a pressure drop inside the plenum chamber between cylinders, and less air momentum, resulting in better air distribution and therefore power.

Mace 12mm Plenum Spacer $150.

VMAX Motorsports Plenum Spacer $129.

and

INTAKE MANIFOLD SPACER

A manifold insulator is a thermal insulating spacer that mounts between your upper and lower intake manifold. Made from a heat blocking composite, the manifold insulators will increase power from your engine by keeping the intake cooler, and produce a 5% increase in low end torque by increasing runner length. Typical RWHP is 5 at the top end, however, you should see greater gains in the low to mid RPM range.

Mace 6.25mm, 12mm, 25mm Plenum Spacer $110., $110., $160.

VMAX Motorsports 3/8” Black Ice-olator Plenum Spacer $150.

----------

here is the spacer and other parts from Mace
    http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...Products/MI626
    little explanation
    http://www.maceengineering.com.au/PE...olden-V6-VS-VY

Would that 25mm (1-inch!!!) spacer be reserved for a F/I application? N/A engines need that port air velocity, do they not?

Anyone have any schematics or diagrams showing PCV or vacuum hoses for each intake? I was looking last night and found tonkin auto parts diagrams, but not to the point I could get a good comparison.

An LLT intake is only $150 used, maybe cheaper at a you-pull-it. Its worth saving $10 here and there just to pick one up. If I can track one down for cheaps, I will pick it up before I install my VMAX/change my plugs, and see if the bolts/holes (boats and ho's?) line up.

I was just over at the Camaro forums reading about Mace's US-based porting service for the LLT intake. Ported and polished it gives 15rwhp over the stock LLT intake. 30rwhp, dyno'ed, ported and polished with the 25mm spacer.

I like. I am definitely going to see if I can bolt one of these to my LY7. And if I can, I am going to get it ported/polished and I am going to go a little spacer crazy. If it works, why not?

Check out this thread from the Camaro forums, as well, it shows not only that they can be bought for $150, but it also shows how sexy they can be all nice and powdercoated:
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239020

DavidBoren, thanks a lot for your action on this.
    I was reading the camarao5 forums and saw what an increase you can get and for a relatively low investment.
    Keep us posted.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I was just over at the Camaro forums reading about Mace's US-based porting service for the LLT intake. Ported and polished it gives 15rwhp over the stock LLT intake. 30rwhp, dyno'ed, ported and polished with the 25mm spacer.

I like. I am definitely going to see if I can bolt one of these to my LY7. And if I can, I am going to get it ported/polished and I am going to go a little spacer crazy. If it works, why not?

Check out this thread from the Camaro forums, as well, it shows not only that they can be bought for $150, but it also shows how sexy they can be all nice and powdercoated:
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239020
    I would baseline dyno before and afters to see what it would make on the LY7

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

I do not think a baseline dyno will work in this case. If I was to do it right now, it would be with my car totally stock + Volant.

Tracey's throttle body will be out soon. I am all about that. As soon as I get it, I am installing it, my VMAX, and my catch can... and I am scheduling a dyno-tune with Trifecta.

If I find that a LLT intake fits, or can be made to fit, it would be after that tune. Which would negate the baseline tune. I do not have access to a dyno where I can jump on and off at will, whilst installing different things betwixt pulls.

However, if it does fit... that is a whole new set of spacers and a whole new VMAX throttle body I will have to buy. And a whole new tune I will have to get.

Having an LY7 + Volant + VMAX spacer + VMAX throttle body + Trifecta tune dyno chart in juxtapose to a;
    LY7 + LLT intake + Volant + VMAX/MACE spacer(s) + VMAX throttle body + Trifecta tune dyno chart, would be really freaking cool.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Has any more research been done on this swap ?

No for sure tests yet. Just lots of snooping online. Nothing concrete, though. If anyone with an LY7 knows someone with a LLT, maybe we could get a confirmation.
    Argent1 likes this.

PsiBer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

LY7 Gaskets http://www.rockauto.com/getimage/get...cts/IG3139.jpg

LLT gasket http://www.rockauto.com/getimage/get...58_Primary.jpg

__________________________________________________ ______________

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.