Need advice on what brand of tires to buy for 18 in 225/50 R18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Need advice on what brand of tires to buy for 18 in 225/50 R18 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Had Yokohama but 3 of them got bumps all around so gotta change was thinking going with falken or Yokohama ...
    Sergioc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Need advice on what brand of tires to buy for 18 in 225/50 R18

Had Yokohama but 3 of them got bumps all around so gotta change was thinking going with falken or Yokohama again any advice on other?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I have the Falken FK-453's. The 452's were replaced with them. I love them. Almost zero road noise. Drove through a terrible rain storm on the way to NC and they were great. They have great traction when warmed up. These are the best tires I have ever had.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 132k
    I'm an advocate for Continental ExtremeContact DWS's. Have them on my STS and had them on my CTS too. Great traction in any conditions, quiet, and they provide a very comfortable ride.

Tires are like oil, everyone has their preference and you definitely get what you pay for.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quote Originally Posted by curtc
    I'm an advocate for Continental ExtremeContact DWS's. Have them on my STS and had them on my CTS too. Great traction in any conditions, quiet, and they provide a very comfortable ride.

Tires are like oil, everyone has their preference and you definitely get what you pay for.
    I have to also agree with curtc. I have the DWS's on my Mini Cooper and they are great.

----------

I don't drive the Cooper that much in the summer so I can't really give a solid opinion. But they have been great from what I have driven on them.

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V mostly stock

Re: Need advice on what brand of tires to buy for 18 in 225/50 R18

I can't speak definitively on most brands, but my General G-Max have been great. Worn well, good traction, and a price I can definitely live with. They're made (IIRC) by the same company as Continentals.

Thanks to all for the reply was doing some re search on the brands named they all seem legit but, might go with the Falken-453 if they have te size I'm looking for.

----------

I also looked into the ZIEX ZE 912 any advice ion those

Quote Originally Posted by Sergioc
    Thanks to all for the reply was doing some re search on the brands named they all seem legit but, might go with the Falken-453 if they have te size I'm looking for.

----------

I also looked into the ZIEX ZE 912 any advice ion those
    I had those on my Civic few years back. They were good tires. I never had a problem. I remember them having a bit more road noise but being very good in the rain.

Looking into. Those too they have a descent price

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.