My 2005 CTS (PICS), Thoughts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pinspade
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, My 2005 CTS (PICS), Thoughts? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Just wanted to post a couple pics of my CTS and see what people think. While most CTS owners like ...
    CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

My 2005 CTS (PICS), Thoughts?

Just wanted to post a couple pics of my CTS and see what people think. While most CTS owners like to work on speed and mechanical modifications I am more of an appearance type of guy. Here in Houston where I live customization and appearance are the big things when it comes to cars, a TON of car shows around Houston. So here she is!

Things I have done to the car:
    20" Chrome and Black Rims on 245/35/r20 Tires
    6k HID Headlights and Fogs, Yes i know they look 8 or even 10k ish...
    Chrome door handles, pillars, roof trim, side mirror trims,
    Strobe Headlights, Foglights, Taillights, and Reverse lights, will try to post up a video later on of the whole light show going on
    Clear side markers, going for clear fogs next. They are $280 on ebay and im too lazy to do the lexan mod for the clears. AND I have yet to see what they look like when they are done
    White LED reverse, side markers, LED turn signals, and full white LED swap on interior
    Multi-color rims lights and multi-color LED strips in the top and bottom grill
    Sure there may be something im missing but all I can think of right now

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

Re: My 2005 CTS (PICS), Thoughts?

I have never seen light-up shoes on a car before, much less a Cadillac. Thank you for that.

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

Me either, looks kinda cool actually.

No offense thought but I personally think the car would look a whole lot better minus the chrome pillars and door handles, but that's just me...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I have never seen light-up shoes on a car before, much less a Cadillac. Thank you for that.
    No problem and I've still got a good $500-700 on LEDs to go. This thing is a big thing at partys with the strobes going =P If you think its bad just wait!

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post

No offense thought but I personally think the car would look a whole lot better minus the chrome pillars and door handles, but that's just me...
    None taken, its all fine. Everyone has their own opinion. Here locally everyone Loves my car, and more importantly I LOVE it the way it is. Needs sone work but couldn't be much happier with it.

DavidW87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 V6, AFE CAI, CTS-V grill,

Not really trying to copy your style but I have to ask how did you mount those LEDs on the shoes?

pinspade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter

I completely agree, it looks like a ricer now.
    Argent1 likes this.

kylebooth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

I agree, I think the chrome makes it look "cheap" but each to their own

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Im sorry but adding hid's and led's is not considered a modification to me. You have a crap load of space between the tires and fender. When i judged at car shows, i would deduct points for that. Other then that, the car looks ok. The lights, not for me but you like it so its all gravity. What kind of system you got going on?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidW87 View Post
    Not really trying to copy your style but I have to ask how did you mount those LEDs on the shoes?
    Its a ring of stainless steel that the leds were mounted on. You take off the rim and mount the ring behind the rim to whatever you can secure it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
    Im sorry but adding hid's and led's is not considered a modification to me. You have a crap load of space between the tires and fender. When i judged at car shows, i would deduct points for that. Other then that, the car looks ok. The lights, not for me but you like it so its all gravity. What kind of system you got going on?
    Didn't say I did mods to the car. Its customizing it as I stated in my post. Yea I know, I bought four new tires for $600 and they stick out further then the fenders so I had to use spacers on the suspension so they don't rub. Do you think if I was to roll the fenders they would still rub? If so then I will just wait until I wear the tires out and then get some 225s later on. And I have stock sound as of now. I had a kicker solo x 12 and brutus hifonics 2400 brz on an optima yellow top in my grand marquis but didn't wanna go to big on the CTS at first. Am now considering a 10" solo x

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L, all options except navigation.

No. Absolutely not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.