Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'04 CTS Sunroof wind deflector

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Ikera 
#1 ·
OK guys, here's one for ya !! On the wife's '04 CTS the wind deflector that pops up when she opens the sunroof has broken. Not the deflector but the hook shaped aluminum attachment point that is riveted in. I have repaired it using JB weld to no avail. I'm now attempting a second fix. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the darn thing is even needed. I have thought about removing the springs that hold it up when the sunroof is open if it's needed to support the leading edge of the roof when closed, otherwise I will just leave it off and hang it on a wall !!!

#3 ·
So now I don't feel so alone !!! Here is what I decided. I removed the springs allowing it to stay in the down position and as a precaution applied a strip of tape in the center. I couldn't convince myself that it wasn't needed to support the leading edge of the sunroof when closed to maintain a water tight seal. So far this has worked and the wife is happily opening and closing it with out incident. When she's happy, I'm happy !!!

#4 ·
Ron Grimes said:
So now I don't feel so alone !!! Here is what I decided. I removed the springs allowing it to stay in the down position and as a precaution applied a strip of tape in the center. I couldn't convince myself that it wasn't needed to support the leading edge of the sunroof when closed to maintain a water tight seal. So far this has worked and the wife is happily opening and closing it with out incident. When she's happy, I'm happy !!!
So I went out an took it off so far no problems yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.