drivers side oil leak 2003 cts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, drivers side oil leak 2003 cts in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; i am trying to find a oil leak in my 2003 3.6 cts sport. i have seen people say valve ...
    zaxcar1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

drivers side oil leak 2003 cts

i am trying to find a oil leak in my 2003 3.6 cts sport. i have seen people say valve cover gaskets, but i am not sure. it seems to be coming out by the motor mount drivers side. i was thinking maybe the oil filter housing, but not sure. any help thanks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxcar1 View Post
    i am trying to find a oil leak in my 2003 3.6 cts sport. i have seen people say valve cover gaskets, but i am not sure. it seems to be coming out by the motor mount drivers side. i was thinking maybe the oil filter housing, but not sure. any help thanks?
    Are you sure its an 03 if you have the 3.6? But most likely it is your valve cover gaskets if you don't have the pcv upgrade. I'm not sure if the pcv update applies to the 3.6 but if your car is an 03 it would apply to the 3.2.

Re: drivers side oil leak 2003 cts

your right its a 2004, its my wifes car. my truck is a 03 i have too many cars to deal with. lol

----------

and whats the pvc upgrade?

your right its a 2004, its my wifes car. my truck is a 03 i have too many cars to deal with. lol

----------

and whats the pvc upgrade?
    I'm not sure if it applies to the 3.6, I think it was for the 3.2 motors only.

69 Camaro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 SRX 3.6 AWD, 69 Camaro

I have a leak in the same general area. It appears to be coming from part of the oil filter housing. I'm using/leaking about a quart every 700 to 800 miles. I'm sure that it's using some as this engine is known for some oil consumption. I'll try to post a pict that I found on another post on this site. I haven't talked to anyone about it due to high cost of cadillac service at dealerships. I have to park it over a sheet of cardboard in the garage because it leaves a couple of silver dollar size spots every time I park it. Anyone else experienced a leak from this area and were you able to fix it? See attached link for picture..

http://s709.photobucket.com/user/dga...ml?sort=3&o=39

that makes sense. it looks like its coming from that genral area of the engine. and it looks like the oil pump

that makes sense. it looks like its coming from that genral area of the engine. and it looks like the oil pump
    Does the 3.6 have an oil filter adapter seal? I know mine does maybe that could be your leak.

ok so took the filter housing off and sure enuf all the bolts were loose. so i removed it and replaced with a GM gasket cleaned off the car and no leaks, so far ol. thanks for all the help

champ52475 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I Had a leak mine was coming from the oil Pressure switch they cost about $12.00 and easy can be replaced check out that for your issue

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.