2005 cts bose dashboard speaker and grill
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2005 cts bose dashboard speaker and grill in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; In freaking out right now... I was thinking i may have blown the center speaker cuz i heard a rattling ...
    hevenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2005 cts bose dashboard speaker and grill

In freaking out right now... I was thinking i may have blown the center speaker cuz i heard a rattling noise coming from the dash. Hell i didn't even know for sure if it was a speaker. Like a idiot i pushed down on it and cracked the little plastic grill and the prices went down and tore the speaker.. I'm speachless and pissed off right now.. On a positive note the cracking is gone but i have a funky hole in my dash!!!!! I don't even know where to start.. Can i replace this with another speaker? Can i buy the black grill again? I've tooken out my NAC screen to do the aux mod... Is this how i reach the speaker? Any help will be greatly appreciated... Im going to eat a xanax now before i freak out.. Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: 2005 cts bose dashboard speaker and grill

How hard did you push? Im guessing the sun dried out the plastic?

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

Re: 2005 cts bose dashboard speaker and grill

My advice, calm down, Bruce Banner.

That forward-most section of the dash looks like a separate piece. I am not sure how to remove it... might have to take the windshield out to access it... but I would imagine you could either buy a new one, or take yours out, dremel the hulk-smashed hole out, and mount an aftermarket speaker and grill in its place.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    The most forward dash piece is separate. But no need to remove the windshield. Just a puddy knife and a little twisting will release that piece.

You have to remote that piece to gain access to the speaker though.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.