Alradco CTS-V radiator install in a 2007 3.6L - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Alradco CTS-V radiator install in a 2007 3.6L in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Peter from Alradco emailed me and is open to persons interested in a group buy for a lower price on ...
    Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Re: Alradco CTS-V radiator install in a 2007 3.6L

Peter from Alradco emailed me and is open to persons interested in a group buy for a lower price on the radiator. Also I'm available to any questions regarding the install of the CTSV aluminum radiator into the 3.6l cts.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

Awesome, Iceman. Way to get the ball rolling.

What sort of price are we talking about? They are $490 normally. I would LOVE to be part of a group buy, but I simply cannot afford this right now... just dropped $450 on my transmission and transmission cooler.

If people start jumping on this, I might be able to squeeze some pennies out of my savings account. Keep us, or at least me, posted.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

When, and it is when (not if), I upgrade to this radiator, I am going to add an engine oil cooler and switch out my transmission cooler. I am going to use laminar flow oil/water coolers, probably made my Mocal or Laminova.

I did like the way the OEM transmission cooler brought the fluid up to operating temperature. My Hayden, on the other hand, does not.
    In fact, it takes a solid half hour of 90* summer driving to get the transmission fluid to 180*. If I am going over 60mph (have some airflow over the radiator), my transmission stays around 160*, always. I am not sure how that will work in the winter, when the average temperature is always 45*... my transmission fluid will never see its optimum operating temperature.

The oil/water coolers will keep the transmission fluid, engine oil, and engine coolant all at relatively the same temperature (hopefully right around 180*) all the time.

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Peter at Alradco www.alradco.com has set up a group buy for all you who want an aluminum radiator.

At checkout use the code " ctsv6 " for a $50 discount. There is a 10 order limit.

Remember there is no transmission oil cooler so you'll need to add an external oil cooler to do this mod.

The fan assembly fits fine, but you'll have to make sure you can shorten the air intake because the new aluminum radiator is about 1/2" to deeper towards the engine.

I'm thinking about putting together detailed instructions and more photo's of the install.

DavidBoren likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.