Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help please

882 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  salcuta88 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My name is Jennifer and I'm having a problem with my car.

I inherited a 2007 Cadillac CTS V6 from my father a few months ago so I don't know too much about this car. I had the tires changed, and put in new rotors and new brakes last week.

Today my boyfriend started the car to go to work and he called me and let me know it was shaking, which it never does. I went outside and the temp gauge was already in the middle (after only about 3 minutes of the car turning on) ... Then the check engine light came on. The car has no leaks and the info system only says to check window washer fluid which clearly isn't the problem. The car never overheated but continued to shake. Can anybody help me out??? Thank you!

#3 ·
Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the forum!
Any time you have electrical problems with a car...start with the battery and its connections. They must be clean and tight. Beware of the acid and tendency for these connections to be soiled with acid because it will eat your clothing. As KOT says, get the codes and report them here, then you are speaking the same language we can understand and help you. The CTS is a fairly complicated machine...if you dont have an OBD2 code reader, most any auto parts store (such as Autozone) will use theirs to read your code(s) and convert them into a human-readable sentence. They will do this for no charge, -but they may try to sell you parts. lol
k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.