Help please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Help please in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My name is Jennifer and I'm having a problem with my car. I ...
    jmarie__ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help please

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My name is Jennifer and I'm having a problem with my car.

I inherited a 2007 Cadillac CTS V6 from my father a few months ago so I don't know too much about this car. I had the tires changed, and put in new rotors and new brakes last week.

Today my boyfriend started the car to go to work and he called me and let me know it was shaking, which it never does. I went outside and the temp gauge was already in the middle (after only about 3 minutes of the car turning on) ... Then the check engine light came on. The car has no leaks and the info system only says to check window washer fluid which clearly isn't the problem. The car never overheated but continued to shake. Can anybody help me out??? Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Wrong forum ma'am. A mod will move it soon.

But in the mean time grab a code reader and write down the codes. Come back to this thread and post each and every code. Then we can help.

KOT

Kilowatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Help please

Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the forum!
    Any time you have electrical problems with a car...start with the battery and its connections. They must be clean and tight. Beware of the acid and tendency for these connections to be soiled with acid because it will eat your clothing. As KOT says, get the codes and report them here, then you are speaking the same language we can understand and help you. The CTS is a fairly complicated machine...if you dont have an OBD2 code reader, most any auto parts store (such as Autozone) will use theirs to read your code(s) and convert them into a human-readable sentence. They will do this for no charge, -but they may try to sell you parts. lol
    k

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Did you try driving it? Was it only idle shaking or did it shake bad while driving as well? Id normally guess something with the fuel system.

salcuta88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS 3.6

Probably misfiring. Check spark plugs and engine coils.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.