Help please. 2007 cadillac cts shaking
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Help please. 2007 cadillac cts shaking in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My name is Jennifer and I'm having a problem with my car. I ...
    jmarie__ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help please. 2007 cadillac cts shaking

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My name is Jennifer and I'm having a problem with my car.

I inherited a 2007 Cadillac CTS V6 from my father a few months ago so I don't know too much about this car. I had the tires changed, and put in new rotors and new brakes last week.

Today my boyfriend started the car to go to work and he called me and let me know it was shaking, which it never does. I went outside and the temp gauge was already in the middle (after only about 3 minutes of the car turning on) ... Then the check engine light came on. The car has no leaks and the info system only says to check window washer fluid which clearly isn't the problem. The car never overheated but continued to shake. Can anybody help me out??? Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L
    Does it shake at idle or does it shake as your slowing down ?

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Hey Jennifer welcome to the forum. First, the heat gauge in the middle is normal operating temp. So no worries there. The washer fluid being low will give the prompt to fill it. Since you say that you just got the brakes and tires done, I would bring it back to them. Most places use stick on weights which are super well known to fall off. So you may have a tire out of balance. Also, if they are new tires it isn't unheard of for the tire to have a broken steel belt in it which would also make it shake.

Did the car shake at all before you brought it in for the tires and brakes? We're they done at the same time by the same shop? Do you feel the shake in the steering wheel or on the floor with your feet? Does the shaking seem to happen at one or two specific speeds?

Hey guys, thank you so much for responding! The shaking feels like it's everywhere. The floor, seats, steering wheel and I didn't want to move the car so I'm not sure if it shakes while moving, def in idle though. Also, the tires were done at the same shop as everything else and the car never shook before that.

----------

Ohh and also, I had my brother in law check it out and he said that one of the radiator hoses felt like it had very little pressure in it.

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L
    Check all vacuum lines to make sure they are connected, since you just had tires put on I was hoping the shop forgot to balance them but if its shaking in idle, I could be alot of things, vacuum lines, emissions, bad motor mounts, I would try seafoaming it if it ran fine a few days before it started shaking, also could you record us a video that might help alot more

Haha wow ok, I thought it was a shake while driving. Sorry a out that I read it all wrong. One of the hoses will feel like it has less pressure. That will happen until the thermostat fully opens and allows coolant back through the rad. When you start your car the coolant recirculates through the engine to heat it up. Once hot then it goes to the rad. Did they do ANY other work at the shop? Did you get any maintenance done on the engine?

Also, next time you are in your car, hold down the F1 and F6 buttons and it will bring up the diagnostic codes. Let us know if there are any codes on there.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 130k
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayne

Also, next time you are in your car, hold down the F1 and F6 buttons and it will bring up the diagnostic codes. Let us know if there are any codes on there.
    That won't work in a 2007, only 2003.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quote Originally Posted by curtc

That won't work in a 2007, only 2003.
    Ahhh crap that's right. Thanks for the correction Curt!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Help please. 2007 cadillac cts shaking

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie__ View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. My name is Jennifer and I'm having a problem with my car.

I inherited a 2007 Cadillac CTS V6 from my father a few months ago so I don't know too much about this car. I had the tires changed, and put in new rotors and new brakes last week.

Today my boyfriend started the car to go to work and he called me and let me know it was shaking, which it never does. I went outside and the temp gauge was already in the middle (after only about 3 minutes of the car turning on) ... Then the check engine light came on. The car has no leaks and the info system only says to check window washer fluid which clearly isn't the problem. The car never overheated but continued to shake. Can anybody help me out??? Thank you!
    Hello Jennifer,

Welcome to the forum. I see other members have already engaged with you about your issue with your CTS shaking. If you are thinking about taking it into a dealership, let me know and I can continue to act as a liaison. If you have other questions or concerns, I am here to assist. I can be reached via private message or at socialmedia@gm.com "ATTN LAURA".

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

If the CEL is on, get the codes & post them. Could be a bad coil or plug, or any number of ignition or even intake probs.

Yep, take it over to Autozone or any other large chain parts store and have them scan the codes. They should be able to tell you what the code(s) mean too, post those back here and we can help you figure this out
    Past Cadillac's

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Hello and welcome, Jennifer.

You said the car did not overheat, but continued to shake...
    So it stays on without sputtering and dying?
    What does it sound like from outside the car?
    Does it backfire?

Does it have oil?
    Not that this sounds like a low oil situation, its just best to keep on top of the engine oil in these cars. And if you are already looking under the hood, might as well check, and fill as necessary.

Thank you all so much for helping me out! I decided to bring it to the shop that did all the previous work. They said it misfired so the changed spark plug #4 and the coil. Do you all think that I should change the rest of the spark plugs on my own or is it not likely that the other ones will misfire?

I hope I don't sound annoying with my questions ... I had a Honda civic for 4 years before getting this car and was JUST beginning to learn about that car lol. This car is sooo much better than the civic and I feel like it's more complicated too lol

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarie__
    Thank you all so much for helping me out! I decided to bring it to the shop that did all the previous work. They said it misfired so the changed spark plug #4 and the coil. Do you all think that I should change the rest of the spark plugs on my own or is it not likely that the other ones will misfire?

I hope I don't sound annoying with my questions ... I had a Honda civic for 4 years before getting this car and was JUST beginning to learn about that car lol. This car is sooo much better than the civic and I feel like it's more complicated too lol
    You turn wrenches???

KOT

How many miles on the car? If you're under 100k I wouldn't worry with changing spark plugs just yet.
    Past Cadillac's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.