235/65r16's ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 235/65r16's ? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Has anyone ever tried to run 235/65r16's on a first Gen CTS? I came across a great deal, 4 almost ...
    mikehenya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

235/65r16's ?

Has anyone ever tried to run 235/65r16's on a first Gen CTS? I came across a great deal, 4 almost new Blizzak's for $75! Great deal if they will fit!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    They will fit. Those are only a bit bigger than the stock tires. Lots of room in them wheel wells!

Re: 235/65r16's ?

Found an interesting size chart, 25.7 vs 28 inches in diameter.
    8.86 vs 9.25 inches in width. The best part is it calculated how much your speedo would be off! Most sites don't like link postings, so I didn't post it.

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by mikehenya View Post
    Found an interesting size chart, 25.7 vs 28 inches in diameter.
    8.86 vs 9.25 inches in width. The best part is it calculated how much your speedo would be off! Most sites don't like link postings, so I didn't post it.
    That's pretty neat. The guys here post links all the time so if you want to share it with us or not, no one will give you any problems. In fact you may be even helping someone out who is wondering about tire sizes as well.

Gladly! The best part is it also shows you the speedo conversions. I hope it does help someone else....

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-comparison/

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    They will fit. Those are only a bit bigger than the stock tires. Lots of room in them wheel wells!
    Maybe tire sizing works differently on whatever planet Blayne is on, but here on Earth a tire that's over 2" bigger than stock is a massive difference.

Has anyone ever tried to run 235/65r16's on a first Gen CTS? I came across a great deal, 4 almost new Blizzak's for $75! Great deal if they will fit!
    That's an SUV/minivan tire. If you're cool having a car looks like it's been lifted, is slower due to the large effective final drive ratio change, has a speedometer and odometer that are 8+% off what they're supposed to read, and probably rubs the front of the fender wheels when you turn the wheel, go for it!

Here's another tire/wheel fitment site that's very handy - http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC
    Maybe tire sizing works differently on whatever planet Blayne is on, but here on Earth a tire that's over 2" bigger than stock is a massive difference.[/URL].
    Ok, first things first, AAIIIC, you have come across lately to me to be a pretty big *******. You never have any normal comments. You are always on here trashing everyone else's comments. There are ways to reply to a post without being a douche bag.

Secondly, yes the tire is 2" bigger. He has a 16" rim. You can put 22's on a car and you are saying that a slightly bigger tire won't fit with stock suspension. The tire is 2" larger, so it is actually going to be an inch further into the wheel well. To the OP, look at your car right now. You probably have a out 2-3" minimum of wheel well gap. I would bet quite a bit that those tires will fit just fine.

Thanks Blayne....I thought it was just me! It was a rather strong response.....lol. Well I bought them, I guess they will either fit or I will CL them closer to winter (or maybe I can use my slow, lifted CTS for better ground clearance, lol!!)

Ok, first things first, AAIIIC, you have come across lately to me to be a pretty big *******. You never have any normal comments. You are always on here trashing everyone else's comments. There are ways to reply to a post without being a douche bag.
    Sorry if I got sand in your mangina. If it makes you feel any better, I don't really think you're on another planet.

Secondly, yes the tire is 2" bigger. He has a 16" rim. You can put 22's on a car and you are saying that a slightly bigger tire won't fit with stock suspension.
    (1) The wheel diameter has nothing to do with tire diameter, so I'm not sure I understand what point you're trying to make. Of course one can fit 22" wheels on the car, assuming you fit tires with appropriately shorter sidewalls. It's a very simple concept, and has nothing to do with the question posed in this thread.
    (2) A 2" change in tire diameter is not "slightly bigger". When it comes to tire sizing, that's a huge difference.

The tire is 2" larger, so it is actually going to be an inch further into the wheel well. To the OP, look at your car right now. You probably have a out 2-3" minimum of wheel well gap. I would bet quite a bit that those tires will fit just fine.
    The top of the wheel well is not the limiting factor in tire fitment.

Well I bought them, I guess they will either fit or I will CL them closer to winter (or maybe I can use my slow, lifted CTS for better ground clearance, lol!!)
    Good luck! It should certainly look interesting.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC
    Sorry if I got sand in your mangina. If it makes you feel any better, I don't really think you're on another planet.
    Lol Ok good, that was actually my main concern. All cleared up. Carry on!!!

Caddy Dad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville/ 05 CTS/06 CTS

Coincedently I purchased some 17" chrome oem's from a guy who had them on his Escalade. 65r/17's tires and rims for $200 he wwas moving.
    (For my 06 3.6)
    They fit in the back really snug..too big to turn the front wheels. I'm just going to go 50r/17 for the front until i can get a whole set for Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Dad
    Coincedently I purchased some 17" chrome oem's from a guy who had them on his Escalade. 65r/17's tires and rims for $200 he wwas moving.
    (For my 06 3.6)
    They fit in the back really snug..too big to turn the front wheels. I'm just going to go 50r/17 for the front until i can get a whole set for Winter.
    What was the offset on the escalade rims? Might have been the problem.

And what size were the tires? "65r/17" doesn't mean much of anything - it's only 2/3 of the equation. I'm guessing since they came off an Escalade they were something huge.

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Dad View Post
    (For my 06 3.6)
    Yea like Blayne and AAIIIC both stated there are lots of factors that determine why they wouldn't clear the wheel well or why they rub when you turn the wheel. The width of the tire could have been the reason for the front tires rubbing.

Caddy Dad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville/ 05 CTS/06 CTS

I couldnt remember if they were 225 or 235 so I left it off.. Mikehenya's are 16's, mine were 17's. Was mikehenya able to get his fitted?!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.