Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What are these screws for ? ( under hood, top of engine )

954 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
Went to a dealership to get my thermostat replaced.. Code came back on, took it back and talked to manager .. They replaced it again and code never came back.. I never open my hood because I never have to.. Past couple weeks I am not sure if everything feels fine, no codes showing, no overheating... But after work I open my hood and see these screws partially loose... WTF??? Do these come loose easy? What are they for? And if you couldn't tell, i know nothing about cars.

Thank you for your time, and I appreciate the help!

Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

Vehicle Gun Car

See less See more
#5 ·
they arent a big deal, i have seen them back out on mine several times...more than likely backed out from the clown that i let work on my car once, but they should be tightened to keep those PVC houses from wondering freely and getting jammed and causing unnecessary problems (which is highly unlikely to happen)

#6 ·
I never open my hood because I never have to..
Never? Check the oil level? Ensure coolant is topped off? Check brake fluid level? Washer fluid?

Could you post some smaller pictures? I can almost see what you're asking about, so if you post some smaller ones they'll be completely worthless. I'm assuming that was your goal, otherwise in this modern, digital age there would be no reason to post 320x240 pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.