O2 sensors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, O2 sensors in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I recently went and got an emissions test on my 2004 CTS 3.6L they told me all 4 o2 sensors ...
    abossart04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

O2 sensors

I recently went and got an emissions test on my 2004 CTS 3.6L they told me all 4 o2 sensors were bad and they needed to replace them all. They gave me a bill of 3500 bucks. The check engine light was never on. How do I tell if they are bad ( the sensors themselves)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: O2 sensors

swing by an autozone or something and have them scan it for you

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

$3500 to change out some O2 sensors...hell for that price i could fly to you from germany, buy the parts, replace them (although the top two can suck to change), fly home and still have made a profit...did you go to an independent mechanic or a stealership? if you are somewhat mechanically inclined, i suggest watching a How-To video on youtube and doing it yourself. if you dont have the time or ability, then find somewhere else to go to have it done if all four sensors are actually bad (which i would bet that $3500 that all four are not bad, maybe one or even two but not all four)

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

KOT

Hannu_L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3,2 Sport Luxury -03

On 03`s bad O2-sensor code usually means bad ECU. It doesnīt light up check engine lights, but emissions are bad. Alltought, if thatīs the case that 3600 bucks is way of....

Jim's 06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

RockAuto lists 06 CTS O2 sensors for $35 to $165. I know labor is involved, but ~$3000?? All four went bad at the same time? And no codes are displayed? Definitely get another opinion, and if need be, report this guy to the state. This is why many states have ditched their vehicle inspection shakedowns, and if you're lucky (as we are in Oklahoma), they'll do away with the emissions testing as well.

propninja is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

I've actually done this. The o2 sensors after the cats are easy. the two ahead of the cats are easy to get to if you remove the catalytic converters. The difficult part there is removing the nuts holding because they're going to be rusted on. You don't need to remove the entire exhaust, just the cats. If you do choose to do the job yourself, be sure to replace the nuts with stainless steel, or at least use anti-seize compound on the threads,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.