The bonging noise, make it stop!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By agp
  • 2 Post By Kingoftypos
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, The bonging noise, make it stop!!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Does anyone know how to mute the CTS key in but door open bonging sound, the engine on bonging sound, ...
    agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L, all options except navigation.

The bonging noise, make it stop!!!

Does anyone know how to mute the CTS key in but door open bonging sound, the engine on bonging sound, no seatbelt bonging sound, door open bonging sound, the you just turned your key bonging sound, the you are trying to lock your door while your door is open bonging sound? After 5 years of ownership, it's finally getting to me...
    Kad4Life and Kad4Life like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: The bonging noise, make it stop!!!

Unplug the driver's speaker... Remove the factory amp and head unit, install your own.

Or better yet, apply one click of the parking brake. Then drive around, it will BONG the shit out of you until you either stop or release the parking brake. This is actually how I quit smoking once before. I got tired of smoking, so I chained smoke like 10 cigarettes in 20 minutes. I didn't have another for over a year. lol

KOT

agp

I guess there's really no solution to this problem other than to get (more) used to it...

Chris 78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '95 Seville SLS 4.6L, '05 CTS 3.6L

Does the 'bong' come from the same speaker that handles voice-activation and navigation instructions?

... I miss the old mechanical doorbell chime from the old 80's Cadillacs!

agp

I don't have navigation, but yes it comes from the speakers I use to listen to the radio. Not that I listen to the garbage they play on the radio now days. I miss the days of no electronics at all, when turning the car usually meant your workout for the day.

nedstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L Manual

My seatbelt has never bonged. Figured the previous owner turned it off and love them for it. Not sure how they did it. I get all the other 'bongs', but none of them bother me. The seatbelt I rarely wear in town so it's great

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

Buckle your seatbelt before you start your car. One easy step, one annoying bell you never hear again.

Turn your headlights off before you take the key out of the ignition. One more easy step, one more bell off the list.

Do not let your car get low on gas. One less bell.

You realize that those signals are actually signifying something, right? That little something could easily just be worked into a mental 2-second preflight checklist...
    Walk up to the car, walk around the car, check tires/exterior, check for puddles under car, unlock the door, get in, sit down, shut the door, buckle up, turn on the car, turn on the headlights, turn up the radio, check mirrors, check blindspots, put in gear, drive way... the smile will appear naturally in a couple seconds.

I hear no bells or whistles unless I am being lazy or just flat out stupidly forget to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post
    I don't have navigation, but yes it comes from the speakers I use to listen to the radio. Not that I listen to the garbage they play on the radio now days. I miss the days of no electronics at all, when turning the car usually meant your workout for the day.
    Are you really that old?

Skip to the 4 minute mark...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    Buckle your seatbelt before you start your car. One easy step, one annoying bell you never hear again.

Turn your headlights off before you take the key out of the ignition. One more easy step, one more bell off the list.

Do not let your car get low on gas. One less bell.

You realize that those signals are actually signifying something, right? That little something could easily just be worked into a mental 2-second preflight checklist...
    Walk up to the car, walk around the car, check tires/exterior, check for puddles under car, unlock the door, get in, sit down, shut the door, buckle up, turn on the car, turn on the headlights, turn up the radio, check mirrors, check blindspots, put in gear, drive way... the smile will appear naturally in a couple seconds.

I hear no bells or whistles unless I am being lazy or just flat out stupidly forget to do something.
    I don't know about you, but I never turn my headlights on. They are always in the Auto Position.

KOT

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

KOT,
    I am always readying myself for the upcoming war between man and the brotherhood of the machines. I do not trust my devices to do anything on their own. I will make the call. I will tell the machine what to do. As soon as my machines either stop doing as I tell them, or start doing things on their own, I take them out back and shoot the abomination in the head. For this, I have a .50 A&E IMI Desert Eagle (a Deagle for you video game nerds), with 420gr solid bronze "punch bullets" that will do exactly what I need it to, every F-ing time.[COLOR="Silver"]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren
    KOT,
    I am always readying myself for the upcoming war between man and the brotherhood of the machines. I do not trust my devices to do anything on their own. I will make the call. I will tell the machine what to do. As soon as my machines either stop doing as I tell them, or start doing things on their own, I take them out back and shoot the abomination in the head. For this, I have a .50 A&E IMI Desert Eagle (a Deagle for you video game nerds), with 420gr solid bronze "punch bullets" that will do exactly what I need it to, every F-ing time.
    Then you must have a lot of Window based machines totally shot up in the back yard. Lol

KOT
    curtc and DavidBoren like this.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Then you must have a lot of Window based machines totally shot up in the back yard. Lol

KOT
    HAHAHA! I am picturing a Compaq/HP graveyard right now...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.