What have you all done to your CTS? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What have you all done to your CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; BlueHaze, I like what you have done. I am planning on stuffing the Vee springs/sways/shocks under my car, as well ...
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

BlueHaze,
    I like what you have done. I am planning on stuffing the Vee springs/sways/shocks under my car, as well as H-piping a Vee exhaust. How does all that treat you?

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

I have rear V shocks sitting waiting to get installed, I just haven't felt like doing the MM mod but they are ALOT beefier than ours. The H pipe also gives you a bit of a growl from the v exhaust. I have it done and love it. Its kind of crackely for me in the mid range but there's no drone and it comes alive when your on it.

I am really hoping that the mid-range of the H-pipe exhaust will compliment the mid-range drone of the Volant CAI. If those two things line up, as in if the exhaust tone is most noticeable around the 2,000rpm area, then perfect.

But I will nix the H-pipe entirely if it makes my car sound rice. I will not stand for that at all.

It doesn't sound rice at all. at 2k mines pretty deep. I've been told it sounds v8 ish on the outside..

Here's a video of some friends and I. If you go to 5:40 you can hear me launch and then a little after that there are 2 drive bys.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB9RVcRMgCw
    DavidBoren likes this.

Tlorenzen,
    I was looking around on the YouTubes, searching for CTS exhaust clips, and found another one of your videos...

I like it. Thanks for posting such a thorough video.

You're welcome man. I want to get another video with a better camera, but I haven't felt like going and spending the money on one ha.

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen

Hey is your v exhaust kind of crackely in the mid range too? Also nice idea with the led in the CAI...I may have to steal it. One more. Where/how much were your infinitys? I'm full of questions today...

My VEE exhaust is not crackley at any RPM range as far as I can tell. I do have a cat that is cracked at the flange so, I probably can't tell. Go wild with the CAI LEDs. I made a lexan cover and then added the led on the inside. Here is a old cellphone pic. I changed it a bit.

As for my infinity's...I bought my 2 12" Subs online on eBay. I brought the 4 channel amp used from craig'slist ( I think...) the mono amp I bought new off crutchfield. The Door infinity kappas I got from a member years ago. I still like my setup. I'm hitting 27htz before my subs bass drop off.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren
    BlueHaze,
    I like what you have done. I am planning on stuffing the Vee springs/sways/shocks under my car, as well as H-piping a Vee exhaust. How does all that treat you?
    Thanks! I LIKE the setup. I believe I will get better boy roll handling once I get a STB. The VEE exhaust is better Than my old setup. I had a Borla resonator and two dynonmax mufflers. My current setup is deeper at all rpm ranges. Little to no drone.

I am really looking forward to the H-pipe/Vee exhaust. I think it is exactly what Im looking for.

And unless the OEM CTS-V suspension somehow adds to the existing body roll of the CTS-Jr, I would imagine that it is still an upgrade over stock. Putting that suspension in our cars is like reducing a Vee-car's weight by a quarter ton. And people would pay good money for that.

What I really, REALLY wish, was that the Ultra Racing chassis braces fit the gen-one cars. Did D3 ever make braces for the V1? I would love for every damn empty bolt hole under my car to have a stiff-ass bar bolted between them, front to rear, side to side. I do not want to have to settle for just a STB.

I am really looking forward to the H-pipe/Vee exhaust. I think it is exactly what Im looking for.

And unless the OEM CTS-V suspension somehow adds to the existing body roll of the CTS-Jr, I would imagine that it is still an upgrade over stock. Putting that suspension in our cars is like reducing a Vee-car's weight by a quarter ton. And people would pay good money for that.

What I really, REALLY wish, was that the Ultra Racing chassis braces fit the gen-one cars. Did D3 ever make braces for the V1? I would love for every damn empty bolt hole under my car to have a stiff-ass bar bolted between them, front to rear, side to side. I do not want to have to settle for just a STB.
    I think the H pipe is the most popular on the forums these days. You won't be disappointed. That would be awesome if there was a brace kit for the V1. I'll drop a line to one of the D3 guys i follow.

I have 20" wheels and a sound system so the weight of the car is higher i guess. The ride is good with the wheels on it. Its not too aggressive. Im just not happy with the amount of body roll i still get. My bushings/end-links might be bad and replacing that stuff will probably help. I still haven't confirmed which STB I need that wont need modification.

=Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts

so for this is what i have done
    20" boss rims
    tinted turn singles and side markers and grill emblem
    race modded tranny
    Louis Vuitton interior pillars
    1 amp and 1 sub
    windshield strobe lights
    hid fog lights
    tinted windows
    exhaust tips
    white brake calipers

what i want to do still
    tint the windshield
    repaint it black with ice pearls
    drilled slotted rotors
    cai
    clear fog lights

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Quote Originally Posted by =Javi=
    so for this is what i have done
    20" boss rims
    tinted turn singles and side markers and grill emblem
    race modded tranny
    Louis Vuitton interior pillars
    1 amp and 1 sub
    windshield strobe lights
    hid fog lights
    tinted windows
    exhaust tips
    white brake calipers

what i want to do still
    tint the windshield
    repaint it black with ice pearls
    drilled slotted rotors
    cai
    clear fog lights
    Get us some pics my man

=Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts

Quote Originally Posted by Teedoe View Post
    Get us some pics my man
    well do what do you want pic of

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I am really hoping that the mid-range of the H-pipe exhaust will compliment the mid-range drone of the Volant CAI. If those two things line up, as in if the exhaust tone is most noticeable around the 2,000rpm area, then perfect.

But I will nix the H-pipe entirely if it makes my car sound rice. I will not stand for that at all.
    What is your definition of rice? If its raspiness, there are stock Jaguars and Mercedes on the market right now with that.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07 View Post
    My VEE exhaust is not crackley at any RPM range as far as I can tell.
    Thanks! I LIKE the setup. I believe I will get better boy roll handling once I get a STB. The VEE exhaust is better Than my old setup. I had a Borla resonator and two dynonmax mufflers. My current setup is deeper at all rpm ranges. Little to no drone.
    The V exhaust can get crackly just like the stock exhuast. Simply remove resonator and mufflers. Been there, done that. Also, have you noticed any hp drop from the V exhaust? Because of the V tubing diameter, it might not increase hp, and it might actually hurt hp. Dual 2.5" from the V is a massive jump over the dual 2" stock tubing. Dual 2.5" tubing is generally saved for bigger displacement engines, like 6L LS engines.

I do not mind a little raspiness. I hate the pop-pop-pop that every damn Civic seems to have. It comes right after the dickhead driving said Civic accelerates really fast and then lets off the skinny pedal. BBBLLLLLLLAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!-pop-pop-pop...
    Gross.

I was thinking about the Vee exhaust on the V6. Do torque numbers drop with the bigger pipes? I might just H-pipe the stock exhaust to get a little deeper tone.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso
    ...The V exhaust can get crackly just like the stock exhuast. Simply remove resonator and mufflers. Been there, done that. Also, have you noticed any hp drop from the V exhaust? Because of the V tubing diameter, it might not increase hp, and it might actually hurt hp. Dual 2.5" from the V is a massive jump over the dual 2" stock tubing. Dual 2.5" tubing is generally saved for bigger displacement engines, like 6L LS engines.
    I haven't experienced any crackly sound from the VEE exhaust since the installation but I do have a CAT that needs repair. That probably affects my A$$ dyno.

The 3.6 came with 2.25" exhaust stock so I cant see 1/4" increase causing much (if any) HP loss. I also have a volant and bigger wheels. I couldn't tell if there were any gains or losses in HP at this point. I would need a tune for the CAI and exhaust (to include other bolt ons) to see any gains in HP. Im ready to smoke my tires lol. All I need is a RX starter kit and my a$$ dyno.

I mainly wanted a deeper sounding exhaust.

----------

I was thinking about the Vee exhaust on the V6. Do torque numbers drop with the bigger pipes? I might just H-pipe the stock exhaust to get a little deeper tone.
    You may want to talk to tlorzen. I believe that he had a actual dyno done after he installed the RX super kit and his V exhaust with the H Pipe. .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.