Cadillac Owners Forum banner

nav system US route planning from Canada

900 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SWells 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2004 CTS and installed a factory nav system. works great...usual button wear issues, pretty easy install, and had the local dealer unlock it. I am in Canada and do a lot of traveling to the US, this past weekend it would not allow me to plan a route into the upper New York state area. When I crossed the boarder all streets, rivers, train tracks etc. were there and I could plan my route home just fine, just could not plan routes anywhere within US. I have a fairly recent Nav DVD.... does anyone know what the issue is?

#3 ·
Funny thing happened to me when I updated with the newer disk.
For the first day, the system would only allow address inserts for Michigan. I am in NJ USA.
After a day of driving,
Then it went to NJ addresses only. I can choose other state addresses by using map function and zooming in, if I know where it is on map.

Don't know if nav unit has a distance limit by location.

#5 ·
Curious about that factory Nav system. Did you install it yourself or take it to the dealer? Looking at the instructions, it appears that the car will not remain running after the install unless it is unlocked by the dealer, so if you aren't at the dealer, what do you do? Get it towed? Also, I am from Canada and would like to know about how much it cost to get the dealer to unlock it? Did you start with a Bose system or did you have the standard radio / DIC?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.