Recent Trans Rebuild, 34 Codes, And No Check Engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Recent Trans Rebuild, 34 Codes, And No Check Engine in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; This is some crazy stuff yall, and I need your help. I have a 2007 CTS, yet to enjoy it, ...
    Okestra007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Recent Trans Rebuild, 34 Codes, And No Check Engine

This is some crazy stuff yall, and I need your help. I have a 2007 CTS, yet to enjoy it, bought it off an auction. Had AAMCO rebuild the transmission, and had both Catalyst Converter replaced by a Buick Dealership.

Now the issue, the car shifting is terrible, even when shifting from park to reverse and drive. But when I took the car back to AAMCO, the guy called me back and said he found 34 Codes in the car, but the check engine light is not on. Ideas anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: Recent Trans Rebuild, 34 Codes, And No Check Engine

What are the codes? Are they current codes or history codes?

Okestra007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Here are some of the codes, and according to the guy, these are pending codes;

P0024
    P0571
    U1096
    U1056
    P2176
    P2107
    P0139
    P0133
    P0153
    P1258
    P0442
    P0581
    P2177
    P2195
    P2099
    P2098
    P2198
    P2197
    P0111
    P0455
    P0128
    P0496
    P0116
    P0606
    P2105

There were 34 codes in all, here are just some.

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L

Re: Recent Trans Rebuild, 34 Codes, And No Check Engine

im not sure but the transmission has its own module (tcm),make sure its plugged in good or try unplugging it and plugging it back in, its on the side of your fusebox under the hood, or it could just be a bad tcm, best bet so you dont start throwing money at it is take it to the dealer and let them run the diagnostics, cost me 75 bucks in dallas, that way you get a print out of what is exactly wrong and you can take it anywhere you want and get it fixed right. too bad its no dipstick or i would say make sure they filled the transmission up with the right amount of fluid and the right brand DEXRON®III automatic transmission fluid, any other brand seems to cause problems, cant just pure any transmission fluid in there. I hope you figure it out because it seems like something simple since you already got the transmission rebuilt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.