Poor Gas Mileage - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Poor Gas Mileage in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by DopeEffect Lol it's always either hot or humid... or both. Normally both. But yes, I drive through ...
    djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L

Re: Poor Gas Mileage

Quote Originally Posted by DopeEffect View Post
    Lol it's always either hot or humid... or both. Normally both. But yes, I drive through that area quite a bit. Desoto, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, Lancaster, Ovilla, Red Oak, and the Arlington/Irving Area for work.
    If you ever see a Stealth Gray CTS with a blacked out V grille and the stock grandma wheels, it's me lol. But yes, I am very happy with my gas mileage. When I was looking for cars last year,
    it came down to the cts, honda accord coupe, and an impala ss. Technically, I should of gone with the impala but, they wanted to much and it required to much work. Glad I went with the caddy just wish it was easier to work on.
    i hear ya, and man you sure do get around, and i bet i have seen you around, i am always checking out other CTS's because they are just flat out sexy, its like a hot chick walking by, gotta take a double look, we should meet up at i-20 and 1382 and see whose cts can move lol. and man i have had this car for about 2 months and it is the easier car i have ever had to work on mechanical wise, i dont know much about the computer and module stuff, but i am learning. I had an 05 impala ss and i loved her to death but you want to talk about problems after problems, long story short it blew a head gasket sitting in traffic on hwy 67 about 3 months ago, she was paid off and i was sick of her, so i left her on the side of the road and never went back and got her and picked up this CTS the same day. I have no mods on mine right now other than 2 12inch memphis subs and a memphis 1000watt amp, o yea im not even sure what color mind is other than silver, what does the stealth gray look like ?
    20130428_145032.jpg

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

Lol I'm always checking out other CTS's on the road as well. I mean it's kinda hard not to. I can spot em from what seems like miles away. But yea, Stealth Gray is the fastest color CTS so I'm fairly confident mine would walk right past yours. Seriously though my car would probably die if I did that. I baby the **** out of it because I'm saving up money for my t-chain replacement which I can hopefully do in two weeks. No mods for me either besides the grille but eventually I'll have your standard set up. Coil over suspension, v-sway bars, volant cai, vmax iceolator, catch can, vogue c7 rims, and front v-bumper w/clear fogs.
    salcuta88 and salcuta88 like this.

btw here's what the stealth gray/grey looks like.
    WP_000257edit (1024x768).jpg

o yea she look sexy, i need that grill so i can get rid of the grandpa grill on mine!! i will definetly have my eye open when im driving thru beltline on your side of the town! i plan on changing my own timing chain at the end of the month, and i just found out about the vmax iceolator , so after i finish reviewing and researching on that, i will do them both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeEffect View Post
    btw here's what the stealth gray/grey looks like.
    Attachment 113697

Quote Originally Posted by djkdawg View Post
    o yea she look sexy, i need that grill so i can get rid of the grandpa grill on mine!! i will definetly have my eye open when im driving thru beltline on your side of the town! i plan on changing my own timing chain at the end of the month, and i just found out about the vmax iceolator , so after i finish reviewing and researching on that, i will do them both at the same time.
    I wish I could do my own timing chain but unfortunately I don't have the space or tools. Time is not a factor because I could do it over a weekend no problem. Iceolator install is a fairly simple task from what I've seen.

I am just now building my tools up, http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do...ullFillment=TW I got that at sears in irving for 120 bucks 3 weeks ago, when I get paid next week I will get an air compressor and an impact wrench and I will be ready to do my timing chain, after I do mine and I do it right and everything works, I will hit you up and see if you want to swing by my house and you can use my garage and tools for free, I am a system administrator for a financial company for my day job but im off on the weekends, I pay for www.myalldata.com, step by steps instructions to fix just about every on my cts, so I dont mind helping out my fellow dallas cts riders!

I am just now building my tools up, http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do...ullFillment=TW I got that at sears in irving for 120 bucks 3 weeks ago, when I get paid next week I will get an air compressor and an impact wrench and I will be ready to do my timing chain, after I do mine and I do it right and everything works, I will hit you up and see if you want to swing by my house and you can use my garage and tools for free, I am a system administrator for a financial company for my day job but im off on the weekends, I pay for www.myalldata.com, step by steps instructions to fix just about every on my cts, so I dont mind helping out my fellow dallas cts riders!
    That would be awesome! I would even pay you to let me use your garage. I have a buddy who goes to school at Lincoln tech that offered to fix it for me as a school project but he isn't allowed to bring vehicles in the shop that the school or himself don't own due to insurance liability issues so that plan went out the window. Found out chuck fairbanks off 35 will do it for 1800$ so that's currently what I've been saving up for. But yea if I could do it at your place, I would easily save myself 1000$ if not more and I'd also get to learn a thing or two about my car. But yea keep me updated on your timing chain replacement and take some pictures while you're down there!

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeEffect

That would be awesome! I would even pay you to let me use your garage. I have a buddy who goes to school at Lincoln tech that offered to fix it for me as a school project but he isn't allowed to bring vehicles in the shop that the school or himself don't own due to insurance liability issues so that plan went out the window. Found out chuck fairbanks off 35 will do it for 1800$ so that's currently what I've been saving up for. But yea if I could do it at your place, I would easily save myself 1000$ if not more and I'd also get to learn a thing or two about my car. But yea keep me updated on your timing chain replacement and take some pictures while you're down there!
    You could always put him on your insurance as a driver. And have him listed on your insurance card. Then when the car is fixed, take him off.

Just a little work around. Lol.

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post

You could always put him on your insurance as a driver. And have him listed on your insurance card. Then when the car is fixed, take him off.

Just a little work around. Lol.

KOT
    Lol yep I would have never even thought of that but that definitely would work, when my brother borrows one of my cars to drive out of town for a few days I always throw him on my insurance and take him off later on, plus I give him the 93 deville , and she may be old but she is a1 and fully restored other than recent hail damage . I am just a Cadillacholic

ForumRunner_20130605_183130.png

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

You forgot to say it gets hot as hell and its always humid

Southern dallas, were are you in cedar hill or desoto ? I pretty much drive from las colinas to desoto to drop my kid off at my moms and from desoto to downtown dallas for work! Dallas is huge so I do about 80 to 100 miles per day in my cadi and she runs like a beast, and have the same problems you have. But I get 23 mpg and I am happy with that since I came from and 01 sts and an 04 deville, they were getting me about 16 to 18 mpg and took premium only , if I wanted better gas mileage I would have went with the trusty hondas but I went for looks and performance, its worth it to me. So I think my cts gas mileage is awesome!
    Hi djkdawg,

Thanks for sharing this information. I am glad to hear you are liking your CTS gas mileage, compared to previous vehicles. I hope you are enjoying the looks and performance of your Cadillac

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

established is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS

Really? I created the forum to get help with my car and you guys are busy talking about something totally damn different that isn't helpful to others who have the same problem. Have some damn respect and private message each other. Not one thing in you guys conversation had anything to do with the damn post. Rude asses!

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Yeah, this thread did kind of get hi-jacked. Back to the issue at hand, though. I live in Portland, this place has SanFran-esque hills. I drive aggressively. And I use Chevron or Shell premium fuel only. I like the Techron/V-power additives, and I am willing to pay for it. My car gets 20mpg, average. Get me out on the open road, with the cruise set at 80mph, and I get 25+mpg pretty easy. I figure that most gas mileage issues come from the indian, not the arrow.

Your car does sound like it is using an excessive amount of fuel. I would replace the all the filters, the purge valve, and spark plugs... clean her up a bit, and see if that helps. It will be good for the car regardless, so why not? Should also make sure you have the correct amount of air in your tires.

Quote Originally Posted by established View Post
    Really? I created the forum to get help with my car and you guys are busy talking about something totally damn different that isn't helpful to others who have the same problem. Have some damn respect and private message each other. Not one thing in you guys conversation had anything to do with the damn post. Rude asses!
    Hey if you were in dallas you could bring it by my house we could do a full tune up, is your check engine light on? It normally comes on when there is emission problems. You havent giving anyone any real information to help you because it could be alot alot alot of things, cadillac never made the car to be a gas saver, its not an honda, just to meet federal requirements, plus you have the 3.6 and I get about 20 mpg city 25 mpg highway with heavy use of cruise control and I drive it like a hot rod from time to time and I drive her daily. There is an ecm software update that only the dealer can do to fix the gas gauage accuracy. I see alot of people try seafoam, you can try that before dishing out money for a tune up.

You're really that upset? This is an open forum dude. People are here to have conversations. Yes, our conversation went off topic for literally like 8 posts. I apologize but throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to get you help especially on this forum (anyone remember the guy who wanted to remove the governor on his 3.6 so he could out run cops?)

Not only that but most of the questions regarding your issues and the theories behind how to improve your MPG were answered on the first page. It would also help tremendously if you provided forum members with information. Such as what your current MPG is. Have you ever had your fuel injectors serviced? Do you keep your car on a strict maintenance schedule or are you one of those car owners that never does anything to his car and then complains when it begins acting weird/breaks down. Did you look into replacing your purge valve solenoid? It's 50$ and any local shop would easily replace it for you for at the most an additional 50$.

Obviously there is an issue with your car, if you feel like the help provided by this forum isn't enough, your next best bet is to just bite the bullet and take it to a caddy/gm dealership. Let them look it over and come back and tell us what they say the problem is.

There are countless members here with immense knowledge on our cars that would be more than willing to help. So please, don't get so butt hurt when people who already submitted information to help you diagnose your problems get a little off topic. Humans are social creatures, sorry for being a human being.

/rantover.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

You asked questions. Members answered those questions to the best of their ability based on the tiny amount of information you provided. Your 2nd last post asked NO questions. Your last post bithced out everyone for getting slighlty sidetracked, like you own the thread. If you keep posting like this, youll get no help whatsoever. Like most anyone, people here dont take kindly to be criticized for helping.
    DavidBoren likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.