Rx/VMax Throttle Body Prototype - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Rx/VMax Throttle Body Prototype in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am chomping at the bit for this to come out, but I can wait for it to be done ...
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: Rx/VMax Throttle Body Prototype

I am chomping at the bit for this to come out, but I can wait for it to be done right.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I am chomping at the bit for this to come out, but I can wait for it to be done right.
    Update!!!

I finally got to talk to Pete at VMAX today and things are looking good for the TB. The second pass is ready to go through a flow test and should be getting tested soon! He will be putting updates out on his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/VMAX-...6799?ref=br_tf.

The Mold

Let me know if you have any questions and I can forward them to Pete.
    RCVW likes this.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Thank you for the update, Tlorenzen. Throttle body looks nice, I still cannot wait for it, regardless of whom I have to buy it from.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    Thank you for the update, Tlorenzen. Throttle body looks nice, I still cannot wait for it, regardless of whom I have to buy it from.
    Talked to Pete again today. If all goes well on this pass, you can expect to see the TB ready to go in a month and a half or so. If he has to make another pass, well. it'll be about the same length as one of the other passes added on. He said he has high hopes for this one though. I'll give ya another update in a month or so haha

CTS414 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L Volant CAI/Gibson Exhaust/18" Modas

I hope it goes well, I've got all kinds of stuff ordered and I'm waiting for the throttle body to have it all shipped/installed at once.

Trying to get in a little more fun before winter ha.

johnladow07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6

Any update!?

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Yes!!!! Finally! CNC machine is back up and running full out, and looks like next week Pete is back at the final cuts and we can get tlorenz back over for final results and begin shipping shortly afterwards. LONGGGGGGG road to this, but will be worth it.

Stay tune, will post as soon as I have confirmation.
    Argent1, CTSM, DopeEffect and 1 others like this.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Were set for next Wed or Thursday for the final dyno results, then were ready to run and ship all!!!!
    CTSM and JayDohn07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    Were set for next Wed or Thursday for the final dyno results, then were ready to run and ship all!!!!
    I'm currently up in Illinois till august, so dynoing until then could be problematic. However, I'm searching for a shop near by here, so If anyone has suggestions chime in. I'm an hour west of peoria.

Anyways, I'm talking with Tracy and Pete to get it figured out. If nothing else, I'll test to make sure good for use for everyone then dyno later date but would like to dyno now if can. Keep y'all updated.

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    I'm currently up in Illinois till august, so dynoing until then could be problematic. However, I'm searching for a shop near by here, so If anyone has suggestions chime in. I'm an hour west of peoria.

Anyways, I'm talking with Tracy and Pete to get it figured out. If nothing else, I'll test to make sure good for use for everyone then dyno later date but would like to dyno now if can. Keep y'all updated.
    Speaking about dynoing, I noticed in the prototype dyno video you posted on youtube while at Rx that the power was 300+ and so was the torque. I was confused, especially when I looked at the screenshort. The screen read "Max Power 304HP | Max Eng Power 349.6 HP" Max Eng Torque and Max Torque were in the 300 region as well.

So if I understand correctly, Rx's dyno is calculating power at the crank to be ~350 HP and at the wheels to be 304 HP? That's kind of way off especially for the mods you have on the CTS. From the CTS Volant Dyno thread I remember a 3.6L CTS dynoed 222 RWHP stock and 233 RWHP with the volant (and flap open)

That video really made me scratch my head, usually people reference WHP on dynoes (as any calculation is theoretical) so is Rx in essence saying calculated power at the crank is 304 and the torque as well is calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post
    Speaking about dynoing, I noticed in the prototype dyno video you posted on youtube while at Rx that the power was 300+ and so was the torque. I was confused, especially when I looked at the screenshort. The screen read "Max Power 304HP | Max Eng Power 349.6 HP" Max Eng Torque and Max Torque were in the 300 region as well.

So if I understand correctly, Rx's dyno is calculating power at the crank to be ~350 HP and at the wheels to be 304 HP? That's kind of way off especially for the mods you have on the CTS. From the CTS Volant Dyno thread I remember a 3.6L CTS dynoed 222 RWHP stock and 233 RWHP with the volant (and flap open)

That video really made me scratch my head, usually people reference WHP on dynoes (as any calculation is theoretical) so is Rx in essence saying calculated power at the crank is 304 and the torque as well is calculated?
    I don't remember seeing 349 anywhere, but the numbers were definitely crank numbers, not wheel. I'm not sure why the dyno was setup that way (Tracy's tech was running it), but I definitely would like to see wheel numbers next time I'm on; wherever it may be.

This is the crank numbers I had on the dyno. My guess is I'm slightly above 250 to the ground.
    Before 296.2/287.5

After 304.0/302.4

Increase: 7.8/14.9 @ crank or 6.6/12.7 @ wheel given 15% loss.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    A dyno that gives you wheel horsepower and crank horse power is doing nothing but guesstimating the crank horse power. I can guess the power of my car all day....but there is no proof. The only numbers that should be shown is wheel horsepower. That would eliminate all confusion.
    CTSM likes this.

Any peaks, or spikes are eliminated as those are not accurate. We only show the 3 run base average against the 3 run after average for accuracy. All is on a new AWD eddy current loaded dyno.

We are still working on either tlorenzen doing the test up there or finding another car here. Will keep all updated.

Meanwhile, catchcans are in stock, ready to ship....just need color choices for any wanting to order: 941-721-1826.

Hey all....we need a LY7 here for testing this Friday, or it will be another 1-2 weeks before we can schedule another.

Call us direct if you can make it anyone (and only one) 941-721-1826

Bump for anyone near Tampa/Sarasota FL with a LY7

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.