Rx/VMax Throttle Body Prototype - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Rx/VMax Throttle Body Prototype in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Then you'll like this pic. Also, he kind of jokingly mentioned a turbo setup...But I could not afford to support ...
    Tlorenzen is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: Rx/VMax Throttle Body Prototype

Then you'll like this pic. Also, he kind of jokingly mentioned a turbo setup...But I could not afford to support that lol.

and. this video This is before he was finished with the tune.

Also, here's the first dyno run with the TB, second run made more tq and same hp and was run directly after this while hot.
    Matt4949, Matt4949, CTS414 and 2 others like this.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Here is the rough fit of the Lexan cover on the TVS car:

RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I he needs a guinea pig for a turbo set up, I will take some vacation and drive my ass down from Canada and help him with that. I would fing love to turbo Black Betty!!!!

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    Anyways, I think the numbers and power curve explain its self. Also, Other mods on the car are Vmax Iceolator, Rx CAI, and CTS-V Exhaust with resonator delete. This is 50 crank hp from Rx...Do you still question if the iceolator is worth it as well?..
    The improved throttle response is the best part. Our CTS has horrible throttle response, slow-to-respond trans tuning, and could even use firmer shifts. This TB helps you forget about most of that. I dont see where you can claim 50 hp, tho. Where is the baseline dyno run? AFAIK, this dyno runs proves the TB picks up 8 hp., it doesnt proove anything with the iceolator.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by neurotictim View Post
    I'm bone stock mechanically, I was waiting for the CAI to be in production so I could do dyno - pulls at stock, stock + Iceolater, then Iceolator and CAI. At some point my having a stock 3.6 exhaust will become a very real holdup in better performance, but the offer's out there.
    I disagree. Until you start getting over 300 hp, dual 2" exhaust will flow fine. The smaller tubing helps torque numbers, which is great for a DD city driven vehicle.
    Unless you need a deeper exhaust tone, I wouldnt run 2.5" until I started getting close to 400 hp, or I added turbos to the stock LY7.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    The improved throttle response is the best part. Our CTS has horrible throttle response, slow-to-respond trans tuning, and could even use firmer shifts. This TB helps you forget about most of that. I dont see where you can claim 50 hp, tho. Where is the baseline dyno run? AFAIK, this dyno runs proves the TB picks up 8 hp., it doesnt proove anything with the iceolator.
    Well stock hp is 255. So take the 49 gained hp - 8 and you still have 41hp between 3 other mods..exhaust, CAI, Iceolator...Tracy didn't have a dyno when we first started with the CAI and iceolator so no baseline runs were ran.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

At the end of the day, Tlorenzen has a dyno-proven 300rwhp LY7. That is pretty neat.

I am going to wait to take my car up to Seattle for the Trifecta dyno-tune until I have an RX TB. I bet having this thing all dialed in properly with an E93 tune is just amazing. And I plan on having them clean up the the aforementioned sluggish transmission programming.

Hope to have the final cut version in the next 30 days or so to post final results.

Pwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

This is great, a couple of questions.

I assume that the TB will be OK with a Volant CAI? I don't want to have to pitch my Volant, but I do want to add the TB.

I have the MACE equivalent of the isolator. It's 1/2 inch thick, 3/8 is definitely better like the one Vmax is offering. The 1/2 inch causes the engine cover to leave indentions on the soft hood insulator material, too close for me. Hate to change mine out at this point, but I'm thinking about it.

As a minimum, sign me up for a TB!

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Pwayne brings up a good point.

Is this throttle body the same diameter as stock? At least externally.

If it is larger, we need to know now so we can have the necessary hose waiting in the parts bin. I want to be able to install this the day I get it.

Oh, and Tracey, thank you.

I remember emailing you about a year ago asking if you offered a spiral ported throttle body for the LY7. You said you did not, but if you found there was a market, that it wouldnt be out of the question. One year later youre announcing an LY7 throttle body. Thank you for considering this forum a big enough market to pay attention to.

Yes, TB will fit with any CAI out there and we have received a good deal of people wanting them, so we dove in. Initial results are better than we anticipated as far as gains also, so that's a big plus.

DavidBoren likes this.

CTS414 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L Volant CAI/Gibson Exhaust/18" Modas

I would be very interested in a throttle body and definitely part of a group buy if it happened. Thanks for the CTS support.

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Still waiting for the iceolater and tb for the 3.2

Any word on if you'll be working on that?

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    Subscribed to this post and anxious to see more progress on this!! Id be interested in one as well. Thank you Tracy!

CTS414 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L Volant CAI/Gibson Exhaust/18" Modas

Tlorenzen does your car have a tune as well?

Also, got to talk on the phone with Tracy at Rx a little today. Very nice and knowledgeable guy I'm glad he's on the forum and making us goodies ha.
    Tlorenzen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teedoe View Post
    Still waiting for the iceolater and tb for the 3.2

Any word on if you'll be working on that?
    Is there any difference in ID/OD size?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CTS414 View Post
    Tlorenzen does your car have a tune as well?

Also, got to talk on the phone with Tracy at Rx a little today. Very nice and knowledgeable guy I'm glad he's on the forum and making us goodies ha.
    No tune, yet.. Want to finish up all my physical mods before I tune it so I can squeeze every last bit out and be money efficient.
    DavidBoren likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.