Help-2006 CTS suspension problems (front end)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Help-2006 CTS suspension problems (front end) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a 06 CTS and I've been having problems with the front end for a while now. Theres a ...
    kyfan101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts

Help-2006 CTS suspension problems (front end)

I have a 06 CTS and I've been having problems with the front end for a while now. Theres a loud popping sound coming from the front end whenevr i turn or go over any kind of bump in the road. I can also feel the popping in the foot pedals. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Help-2006 CTS suspension problems (front end)

Since none of us can see your car or take a wheel off and look at the front suspension, I'm not sure what you want us to tell you. Any suggestions are going to be guesses.

Here's my guess: front sway bar end links or sway bar bushings.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L
    He is exactly right the bushings on your sway bar needs to be replaced but without pics its hard to tell, could be the lower control arm, take it to a tire shop and have them to put it up on the lift and check it out

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Help-2006 CTS suspension problems (front end)

Quote Originally Posted by kyfan101 View Post
    I have a 06 CTS and I've been having problems with the front end for a while now. Theres a loud popping sound coming from the front end whenevr i turn or go over any kind of bump in the road. I can also feel the popping in the foot pedals. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Thanks.
    Hello kyfan101,

I apologize that you are experiencing a loud popping sound in your front end and can feel it in the pedals too on your CTS. If you are interested in taking your vehicle to a dealership to get diagnosed, I would be happy to assist you in that process. I would just need you to send me a private message that includes your name, contact info, address, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to be in contact with. Thank you for your time. I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.