HELP: 2004 Cadillac CTS suspension parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By AAIIIC
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, HELP: 2004 Cadillac CTS suspension parts in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; The joy of owning an older car. After owning my 2004 CTS for 9 years (the longest i have ever ...
    91 s-10baja is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS Lux/Sprt

HELP: 2004 Cadillac CTS suspension parts

The joy of owning an older car.
    After owning my 2004 CTS for 9 years (the longest i have ever owned a car besides my Baja), and with nearly 100k on the odometer, it has come time to do some wear and tare repairs. After taking it to my buddy's shop to assess what is required, I need struts, to recover the ride and handling that once was, and I need control arm bushings to stop the low speed squeak that is now prominent. After further research, it turns out GM does not sell 'JUST' the bushings, but only the upper and lower control arms at $850 a side, not including the struts. Has anyone encountered this with their CTS? Does anybody know of an aftermarket company that sells just the bushings? I find it wastefull and far too costly to go this route. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Joel

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: HELP: 2004 Cadillac CTS suspension parts

Revshift is supposed to be coming out with poly bushings for the control arms at some point. I don't know what their timeline is. Your best bet to replace the control arm bushings (in other words, to replace the control arms) is probably to find some low mileage take-off parts. Cleveland Pick-a-part often has CTS-V parts on Ebay. The V control arms won't be any different than the V6 versions. (The STS and SRX control arms might be the same, too, as all 3 cars are built on the same Sigma platform.)

Struts are pretty easy - check rockauto.com for various options and probably the best pricing you'll find.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Revshift is supposed to be coming out with poly bushings for the control arms at some point. I don't know what their timeline is. Your best bet to replace the control arm bushings (in other words, to replace the control arms) is probably to find some low mileage take-off parts. Cleveland Pick-a-part often has CTS-V parts on Ebay. The V control arms won't be any different than the V6 versions. (The STS and SRX control arms might be the same, too, as all 3 cars are built on the same Sigma platform.)

Struts are pretty easy - check rockauto.com for various options and probably the best pricing you'll find.
    Thank you very much, ill check them out when i get home!

reversib is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac cts 3.2

Help. I need some good advice. My cadillac cts 3.2 has a suspension FE3. It is very hard for me. If I want to do a suspension FE1. I must change the rear shocks or or in addition softer springs also. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post

FYI I went ahead and contacted Revshift. they responded very promptly, and confirmed that in a week or two they should be ready to go with their CTS suspension bushings! A big thank you to AAIIIC for the advise! Cant wait to get my car back to the handling that once was!

kaptainkw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Luxury Sport

If I can help anyone I have new OEM left and right lower control arms plus new nuts and bolts... All the parts needed to completely replace both sides!

I had and '04 that was within the VIN window of this Service Bulletin (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/d...-03-08-001.pdf). The repair was to update the control arms to the newer version used from late '04-'07. So these are new '04-'07 lower control arm assemblies.

I no longer have the car and do not need these. The "stealership" wants $470 ea. for them. I would make someone a deal!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.