Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HELP: 2004 Cadillac CTS suspension parts

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kaptainkw 
#1 ·
The joy of owning an older car.
After owning my 2004 CTS for 9 years (the longest i have ever owned a car besides my Baja), and with nearly 100k on the odometer, it has come time to do some wear and tare repairs. After taking it to my buddy's shop to assess what is required, I need struts, to recover the ride and handling that once was, and I need control arm bushings to stop the low speed squeak that is now prominent. After further research, it turns out GM does not sell 'JUST' the bushings, but only the upper and lower control arms at $850 a side, not including the struts. Has anyone encountered this with their CTS? Does anybody know of an aftermarket company that sells just the bushings? I find it wastefull and far too costly to go this route. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Joel

#2 ·
Revshift is supposed to be coming out with poly bushings for the control arms at some point. I don't know what their timeline is. Your best bet to replace the control arm bushings (in other words, to replace the control arms) is probably to find some low mileage take-off parts. Cleveland Pick-a-part often has CTS-V parts on Ebay. The V control arms won't be any different than the V6 versions. (The STS and SRX control arms might be the same, too, as all 3 cars are built on the same Sigma platform.)

Struts are pretty easy - check rockauto.com for various options and probably the best pricing you'll find.

#6 ·
If I can help anyone I have new OEM left and right lower control arms plus new nuts and bolts... All the parts needed to completely replace both sides!

I had and '04 that was within the VIN window of this Service Bulletin (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/04-03-08-001.pdf). The repair was to update the control arms to the newer version used from late '04-'07. So these are new '04-'07 lower control arm assemblies.

I no longer have the car and do not need these. The "stealership" wants $470 ea. for them. I would make someone a deal! :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.