When New CTS Styling?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, When New CTS Styling? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I understand that '05 will have some interior changes. Correct? When will the exterior get updated? I eventually want a ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

When New CTS Styling?

I understand that '05 will have some interior changes. Correct? When will the exterior get updated? I eventually want a premium GM RWD daily driver, but I just don't like the look of the current CTS enough. I'm in no hurry. I can hold onto my current vehicles for another 2-3 years with no problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: When New CTS Styling?

nothing firm, Rumors have it being around '07, whether thats model year or calender year is unknown. There could also be a freshening along the way. Really I dont think there is anything but guesses and some insight from a small amount of insiders

shaggygrosser is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I'm a bit biased since I own one, but what's not to like about the CTS styling? I just want a different point of view on this.

Re: When New CTS Styling?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggygrosser
    I'm a bit biased since I own one, but what's not to like about the CTS styling? I just want a different point of view on this.
    I like the looks of the CTS on the road, but not so much up close. The straight sides look rather truck-like. This is strange because I have an Avalanche and like the looks - but that's on a truck. The epitome of how a car should look is like my C5 Corvette, sculpted curves rather than hacked blocks. Somewhere I read a description of "slab sided" for the CTS and that probably is a close description.

On the interior, I don't like the look of the doors. Again, the same straight vertical lines. As for the instruments, thank goodness the clock has been replaced, but the speedo is too small and/or doesn't need to go to 160. (Except to handle the metric conversion.) People carp about the plastic and texture, but aside from the doors, I think it's OK. Then again, I like the vette's interior, too.

Today, I drove an '04 (base with the 3.6) for the first time and found it much improved over the '03. The 3.6 never seemed to have to work hard like the 3.2 did. I didn't like the ride quite as well as the '03 sport suspension, but it was still quite nice. I wish I could actually hear the engine idle - too silent. Maybe aftermarket exhaust would remedy that. Can you get the base with 3.6 and the sport suspension? GMbuypower doesn't show that combination of options but the brochure does.

It turns out that my son may be buying my Avalanche if he sells his current truck so I may have to find a new daily driver sooner rather than later. The CTS is on my all-GM short list which also includes the extended cab Silverado, and maybe the GTP or GTO. (I know, apples, oranges, and pears with those choices.)

rgtc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'04 Cts

The base model is available with 3.6L and Sports Package. That's the way I have ordered mine. The sports package ride and handling is great. I test drove the car at 100 mph and ordered one immediately after. The sports package option is PDX, and is a bargain at an invoice price of $1496-.

Thanks! I found a couple at a dealership when I searched on gmbuypower. (Looked for 1sa with a sticker at or above $34.4K). If I can get past a decade of always have a truck or suv, I'll probably end up in a CTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.