CtsLAC Official Intro
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CtsLAC Official Intro in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself to all of u on the forum! My name is Daniel and I'm ...
    CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

CtsLAC Official Intro

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself to all of u on the forum! My name is Daniel and I'm 20. I live just 45 miles south of Houston. Here we do different stuff with our cars. I am more into the appereance and customization of my car. Ask me about the mechanical and I don't really have a clue but that's why I'm here, to learn from you guys. I also come here to offer something different to you guys. As you all post about upgrading and doing car performance, I will be posting about what I am doing to my car that is different from what most of you plan on doing. I just offer something other than what most of you do.

Couple things I will be doing
    Plan on putting some good $500-700 worth of LEDs into the car. Includes the underbody, interior, grill, wheel well, engine compartment, trunk, behind rims. Will be making it to where I can do a cool little light show.
    Am still debating about putting the lambo doors but of I do I will get em professionally done.
    Some more simple stuff like spoiler, cts v front bumper swap, led third brake light mod.

Will post a couple pics of my car of what it currently looks like and will post more as I keep working on it! Look forward to learning from yall and seeing what yall do with your cars!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: CtsLAC Official Intro

Welcome CtsLAC.

Sounds like it will look good when you are done. Keep it relatively simple unless you have a custom paint job that the lights are matched to. Simple usually looks clean, and Cadillacs look best clean.

If you put Lambo/butterfly doors up front, I think you should put DeLorean/gullwing doors in the back. Or, just leave the front doors as-is, and put suicide doors in the back... That way the doors open away from each other like barn doors.

There is a lot of knowledge available here, use the search/FAQ as much as possible, it will save you a lot of time. And people generally expect you to use the search function before posting a question, otherwise, expect a lot of snide comments informing you that you could have found the answer in the FAQ.

Make sure to post pictures of it when its done.

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Re: CtsLAC Official Intro

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    Welcome CtsLAC.

Sounds like it will look good when you are done. Keep it relatively simple unless you have a custom paint job that the lights are matched to. Simple usually looks clean, and Cadillacs look best clean.

If you put Lambo/butterfly doors up front, I think you should put DeLorean/gullwing doors in the back. Or, just leave the front doors as-is, and put suicide doors in the back... That way the doors open away from each other like barn doors.

There is a lot of knowledge available here, use the search/FAQ as much as possible, it will save you a lot of time. And people generally expect you to use the search function before posting a question, otherwise, expect a lot of snide comments informing you that you could have found the answer in the FAQ.

Make sure to post pictures of it when its done.
    Yea, I plan on getting multi color LEDs but they all have the option of being set to a solid color. My CTS is black and I will have the lights white most of the time unless I'm just giving a demo of the lights and what they can do.

I already have the kit but may just end up selling it. If I do keep it I will put them on at a later date. I do really like the idea of keeping the front doors like they are and making the back suicide. As for gullwing I got quoted 12k for kit and installation at a shop once so don't plan on doing that!

I will post pics of the way it Is now when I get home and can get them from my laptop. My phone makes them too large in dimension and won't allow me to post them from here! And thanks for the input!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.