2003 CTS can't find oil filler tube updated for new PCV system HELP PLEASE!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 CTS can't find oil filler tube updated for new PCV system HELP PLEASE! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a 2003 CTS I need to find the new style oil filler Tube. Cadillac is no help at ...
    Arnoldbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

2003 CTS can't find oil filler tube updated for new PCV system HELP PLEASE!

I have a 2003 CTS I need to find the new style oil filler Tube. Cadillac is no help at all. HELP! Just did the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, engine oil cooler, hoses, heater valve and so on and so on. This place was a great help. I wanted to to the timing belt due to almost having 100K when I pulled the water pump I found oil was pouring out. Wow was not like that just a few miles back (40 or so) when I checked the fluids! Now it is low almost 2qts and the light never came on. Good thing it was due for a timing belt or my engine would not have gone another 20 miles. Checking the engine diagram I found the oil cooler sits in the center of the engine under the intake manifold if it should fail you get oil in the cooling system.(sits inclosed in coolant). Found that the water cross over tube seals can found at O'Reilly auto parts (hard to find little seals aluminum with rubber center). Well order all the other parts from Amazon, Best price I found for OE parts. Checking this site I found the PCV update to avoid further problems. I drilled out my holes and cleaned out the system did a pressure test and all was well. I found no need for the PCV kit as the lines already run front to rear with no obstruction. So in conclusion the kit would offer nothing. Here is my problem they list a Part # for a updated oil cap and updated oil filler tube # is 55558591 as the old tube will not fit the new style cap. I was sold the cap now have fun finding the oil filler tube. Thanks to Chris at Rippy Cadillac he came with "the part number that I come up with when I look it up in the catalog now
    is 90499462, but that's discontinued and i can't get it from GM anymore" Help!
    Thank you
    Arnold

Service Information
    PCV Hose Kit, P/N 55558592, and Oil Filler Cap, P/N 12589430
    Intake Manifold Shield-ID No.55558589
    Screws (Qty 3)-ID No.11057371
    Oil Filler Cap-P/N 12589430
    Oil Filler Tube-ID No.55558591
    PCV Hoses-ID No.55558590
    Seal/O-ring-ID No.90467543
    Hose Clamps (Qty 2)-ID No.90298229

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

krusty_tc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury Sport

Re: 2003 CTS can't find oil filler tube updated for new PCV system HELP PLEASE!

Arnold, I just did this fix approx. one month ago. If I remember correctly the hose kit 55558592 came with the oil filler tube. And the only thing you had to order seperately was the cap 12589430. So I'm not sure if you can order the oil filler tube seperately. Maybe thats the reason your having difficulty finding the tube seperately.

Dave

Arnoldbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: 2003 CTS can't find oil filler tube updated for new PCV system HELP PLEASE!

Thank you very much Dave. I will check with Cadillac again and see what comes in the kit. They told me differently when I asked them the first time, of course they didn't have it in stock. Perhaps someone will have one in stock and can check for sure. Thank you again for the help that would make sense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.