Clearing out/tidying-up engine bay?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CTSUK
  • 2 Post By Blayne
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Clearing out/tidying-up engine bay? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Has anyone moved the battery/fuse box/fluid reservoirs out of the engine compartment? I would like for there to be only ...
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Clearing out/tidying-up engine bay?

Has anyone moved the battery/fuse box/fluid reservoirs out of the engine compartment?

I would like for there to be only the engine and radiator under the hood. I have seen remote mount power steering reservoirs with pumps, and universal remote mount windshield washer tanks/pumps. Batteries can be remote mounted without too much trouble, as well. The OEM airbox (or in my case, the Volant) could be eliminated with some universal intake pipe placing a conical filter behind the front bumper cover.

How hard would it be to wire/plumb these tanks from the trunk to the engine bay?

I think the hardest part would be the fuse box... maybe? Is it as easy as just extending some wires to the back seat and remounting the box?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I think replacing all the OEM hoses with silicon/braided-stainless at the same time as this relocation overhaul would really make for a nice summer project.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: Clearing out/tidying-up engine bay?

For the amount of hassle involved personally I wouldn't look twice at this task, all those wires in the fuse box the risk of loosing continuity or loosing current, so many splices to make and heatshrink with risk of breakages in the wires, all those chances of leaking fluids, I would simply say...good luck lol!
    Kad4Life and Kad4Life like this.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren
    Has anyone moved the battery/fuse box/fluid reservoirs out of the engine compartment?

I would like for there to be only the engine and radiator under the hood. I have seen remote mount power steering reservoirs with pumps, and universal remote mount windshield washer tanks/pumps. Batteries can be remote mounted without too much trouble, as well. The OEM airbox (or in my case, the Volant) could be eliminated with some universal intake pipe placing a conical filter behind the front bumper cover.

How hard would it be to wire/plumb these tanks from the trunk to the engine bay?

I think the hardest part would be the fuse box... maybe? Is it as easy as just extending some wires to the back seat and remounting the box?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I think replacing all the OEM hoses with silicon/braided-stainless at the same time as this relocation overhaul would really make for a nice summer project.
    On a Caddy, that's automotive suicide to even touch the fuse box never mind the rest of the mods. I try not to even look at the fuse box on my car. The box and I have a mutual understanding!!!!
    CTS414 and CTS414 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.