22 inch rims for cts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 22 inch rims for cts in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi new to the cadillac forum and the the cadillac world and as a owner I just love Cadillacs I ...
    youngjoker69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

22 inch rims for cts

Hi new to the cadillac forum and the the cadillac world and as a owner I just love Cadillacs I have a 2007 cadillac cts v6 3.6l with 66,xxx bought it with 42,430 and it's pretty much stock right now just before I do some modifications just a quick question with rims I'm thinking about putting 22 inch by 8.5 and I have several tire sizes Tire size 235-30-22, 245-30-22, 255-30-22 or 265-35-22 what would be good for my car without modifications to the fenders or any other mod and with the offset the tires are good ?? any help or info would be good thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

=Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts

Re: 22 inch rims for cts

22 are to big they look like they might fit in the back but they hit i think 20 is the biggest you can fit without any mods

Thanks for responding I appreciate it man oh so they maybe be to big you know if any cts owners have done put 22 inch on theirs ??

mgp carnage is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts 3.6l

gotta put 30 series tires on they will fit

Quote Originally Posted by mgp carnage
    gotta put 30 series tires on they will fit
    Thanks so any of the info on tires I prescribed on my first thread work which will work better ? With the 30 series tire ?

----------

Thanks mgp carnage for the reply do any of the tire options I describe on top of my thread work??

adometrius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Luxury Sport

You may be able to fit them on your car, but I don't know that I would advise wheels that big on the CTS. I have 05 cts 3.6l v6 with 20" vogues and sometimes turning makes the transmission feel like it's going to break (even just parking in my parking garage). Just my opinion though, I am not a mechanic so I don't know if that size wheels can actually hurt the transmission but it sure feels like it.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

22s use to be common on the 03-07 cts. then people stopped doing it.
    i run 20s, and like them. lots of 08-current cts's run 22s now

Quote Originally Posted by adometrius
    You may be able to fit them on your car, but I don't know that I would advise wheels that big on the CTS. I have 05 cts 3.6l v6 with 20" vogues and sometimes turning makes the transmission feel like it's going to break (even just parking in my parking garage). Just my opinion though, I am not a mechanic so I don't know if that size wheels can actually hurt the transmission but it sure feels like it.
    Thanks adometrius for your opinion and I understand I always wanted to put 22" on my cts but if it's gonna cause some problems like transmission problems or struts or anything like that I wanna avoid that and maybe go with 20" but just wanna know if anybody had problem with 22" like ghettomike saying that it use to be common back awhile but now with the newer models are common but thanks for your opinion and that's why I wanna keep searching more info here in the cadillac forum thanks

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike
    22s use to be common on the 03-07 cts. then people stopped doing it.
    i run 20s, and like them. lots of 08-current cts's run 22s now
    Thanks ghettomike and by any chance you know what they use to run on 22" with tires and if they had problems?? I been trying to search on the cadillac forum about owners with 22" on the first gen cts but just haven't come across any owner.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    If you wanna run a 22", go for it. It's your car and you can go for the look you want. If you do a 22 I would say go with the 235/30/22. You should be fine. There is no reason to go with a bigger tire if you don't have to. Wider tires are for more traction. Trust me when I say traction wont be an issue. My 20's slowed my car down quite a bit due to the weight, your 22's will be heavy as hell.

mgp carnage is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts 3.6l

agreed 235/30/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne
    If you wanna run a 22", go for it. It's your car and you can go for the look you want. If you do a 22 I would say go with the 235/30/22. You should be fine. There is no reason to go with a bigger tire if you don't have to. Wider tires are for more traction. Trust me when I say traction wont be an issue. My 20's slowed my car down quite a bit due to the weight, your 22's will be heavy as hell.
    Thanks Blayne for the response and your right about the look I want but I don't want to mess up the cadillac look is that I see alot of other cars with 22" and I thought maybe my car would look good with no problems but now I don't know if I wanna even put 22" maybe go with 20" with a lowering kit so how about on 20" what's the best tire series having low pro tires ??!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mgp carnage
    agreed 235/30/22.
    Thanks mgp carnage for the response anyone know anybody running 22" on first gen cts here on the forum ??

I did 20's with coilovers and 245/40/20 tires. I had to roll fenders. If you are just going with a lowering spring, you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne
    I did 20's with coilovers and 245/40/20 tires. I had to roll fenders. If you are just going with a lowering spring, you will be fine.
    Would 245/35/20 work with lowering springs ?

I can't comfortably say 100%. There are others on here that probably run that size and I hope they chime in. Best bet is to get info on the diameter of that size tire and do some measuring!

So my car has a high positive offset between 34 to 45 so I gotta find some rims that has an offset between that offset ?? Can't go lower than my car's offset ??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.