My adventure with 03 CTS cars
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, My adventure with 03 CTS cars in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; It all starts 4.5 years ago buying my very first car.. A 2003 Cadillac cts base model. I left the ...
    Calgary03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Cts Sport Luxury

My adventure with 03 CTS cars

It all starts 4.5 years ago buying my very first car.. A 2003 Cadillac cts base model. I left the dealer with a huge grin on my face driving around getting looks from jealous grey haired men and pretty girls. Drove the thing for 4 years, had a custom 2 tone paint done (black top) and babies it until someone did a 2AM hit and run and smashed the fender and wheel in, bent the frame and blew the rad apart. Needless to say, I was quite mad. After about 3 weeks, I bought another 03 that was a mechanic special. Needed a timing belt right away, tie rods and brakes all around. Did the timing belt the first weekend. Went to do the brakes last weekend, front went fine... Then the back... I happened to notice a small bondo crack in the rear quarter. Started banging around and found the there was A LOT of filler on the car. Quite angry, I took it over to the local U-Wrench and put her on a hoist. My god, there is some good damage to her. Rear frame is a bit bent (to my eye, frame machine probably says more), trunk pan is toast, and the rear quarter on that side is actually fiberglass!!! Surprisingly enough, it drives like a dream. I've made a decision on it... Since I got paid out $10,500 for my first one from insurance and bought this one for $5,000, why not buy another one, since I LOVE the 1st Gen CTS and especially the 3.2, keep the motor out of the one I currently have for simple rebuild and part the rest. I figure, have the bearings and rings replaced at an engine shop and maybe some head porting and I'll DIY all the valve seals and retainers on the work bench. I have my own parts washer and engine hoist/stand in the garage. Maybe use the stock exhaust manifolds for templates to have headers made?! Anyway, going to look at an 03 White diamond (get to join the fast club) with the lux sport (it has 7 spoke chrome caddy rims and wood interior with sunroof so I know it's legit SC1) that's a couple hours away tomorrow. If I buy it, then I'll start parting the current one for reasonable prices and even free to forum members depending on part.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Nice! Lets us know how everything goes. I could use some parts.

Just bought the white diamond... Let the parting begin lol

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgary03
    Just bought the white diamond... Let the parting begin lol
    Nice! I'm looking for the dash defrost panel.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Can we get some interior and exterior pics for color and trim level and whatnot? I may be interested in parts!

I'll take pics tonight and try to post them. I'm only on the iPhone app as I have no need for an actual computer. If not, I'll open a photobucket account. The dash pieces are the dark grey and seats/carpets are the beige. As far as exterior, it's a 2 tone so it won't match factory colors

When you take pics of the car email them to me and I will get the pics up for you. Just send them in the actual size so they look good on the computer. Send them to civicsir10@hotmail.com

Well I finally emailed Blayne, been at the girls place for a couple days. Hopefully the pics come out ok. I'll be posting in the classifieds also. Also, almost have transmission out. Only the top 2 bell housing bolts left. I took a break for dinner and I'll be heading back out soon. Hopefully my trusty 3 ton floor jack and wood plank will suffice for a real trans jack. Never done this before, only seen my old man do it 10 years ago on his old ford work truck. I told him what I was doing and he just laughed at me and said "good luck you poor bastard". Updates later on...

Hey I got the picks. On a train right now (I'm an engineer). When I am done work I will throw them up!

Re: My adventure with 03 CTS cars

Here are the pics!

Thanks Blayne!! You da man lol. Got everything undone off the tranny... man those top bell housing bolts suck, sliced my finger open on the last one. I can never get through a project without blood. I got 7 stitches 2 weeks ago doing a 6" lift on a 79 Ford Bronco after I smashed my shin on the body. Anyway, I'll have it out in an hour or 2 once the room mate wakes up. I didn't feel like muscling around 300-400 pounds last night after spending 10 hours getting everything out of the way. Second plan for the day is to cut apart the exhaust and see if I can make a dual out of the scrap one. Cut it off after the resonator and hold it up there. Looks pretty straight forward, hopefully my vision comes to fruition. If all works well, I'll be taking the exhaust manifolds over to a local hot rod shop and see what they can do about making headers within the space confines that the stock ones take up. I figure, if I can make my dual for free that opens up about $500 that I can play with. All part of the plan for my engine build.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.