New Guy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Blayne
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, New Guy in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Whats up everyone? New owner of a 2007 CTS 3.6 that I'm in love with. I've got a few plans ...
    aMOHOd1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

New Guy

Whats up everyone? New owner of a 2007 CTS 3.6 that I'm in love with. I've got a few plans for it. Nuthin crazy, but I would like to replace the bose system. A few of the speakers are fubar anyways, and there is no aux port which sucks. Does anyone have any recommendation on a head unit that I can replace with and keep my info, settings, etc? I don't care so much about steering wheel buttons. Thanks for any help. I look forward to getting to know you all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    This has been discussed many times. When you need info for this and many other mods, go to the stickies threads at the top of this page. Go to the DIY how to and manuals thread. In there you will find all sorts of mods, upgrades and maintenance. Welcome to the site. Lots of great people on here to help you out with issues. Here is a link to retain your DIC. There are 2 different links, so go and check them both out.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...w-manuals.html
    J W and J W like this.

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Re: New Guy

Hey welcome! What tyoe of headunit do you have on your car now? I had the nav unit with xm radio and I found a mod that disables the xm radio but u can add an auxilary output into it instead. Just had to buy a cord from radio shack cut into 3 wires on the back of the unit, connect, and bam got myself an aux output.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Welcome to the forum and to Cadillac, aMOHOd1!

As Customer Service Representatives, we're not able to assist with information on modifications; the forum is full of very knowledgeable Cadillac owners who are happy to help you in that way. Should you ever need for us to check into warranty or recall information, or working with a dealership to resolve a concern, we're available to you.

Kindest regards,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

blck lac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts 3.6
    Get an isimple Bluetooth. You can keep everything stock and listen to all the music on your phn.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Welcome, enjoy, and post some pics.

aMOHOd1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    This has been discussed many times. When you need info for this and many other mods, go to the stickies threads at the top of this page. Go to the DIY how to and manuals thread. In there you will find all sorts of mods, upgrades and maintenance. Welcome to the site. Lots of great people on here to help you out with issues. Here is a link to retain your DIC. There are 2 different links, so go and check them both out.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...w-manuals.html
    Thank you for the link! Thats exactly what I needed. Now I just need to figure out my setup. I plan to pull out the CD Changer and put in a double din unit. Ill also be replacing all the interior speakers, most likely with Infinity Kappa. My plan for the sub in the rear is to remove it, open the hole a tad wider and place in a 12" Memphis Mojo with a fiberglass box attached under the shelf. If that proves to be impossible I'm going to go with the best 12" free air sub I can find...really not sure about it yet tho so I need to do some research. I really want the Mojo tho...that would pound. yeaaaa buddddy.

Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC View Post
    Hey welcome! What tyoe of headunit do you have on your car now? I had the nav unit with xm radio and I found a mod that disables the xm radio but u can add an auxilary output into it instead. Just had to buy a cord from radio shack cut into 3 wires on the back of the unit, connect, and bam got myself an aux output.
    I thought about doing this option as well, but I'd rather not lose my XM option, just in case I ever want to activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Welcome to the forum and to Cadillac, aMOHOd1!

As Customer Service Representatives, we're not able to assist with information on modifications; the forum is full of very knowledgeable Cadillac owners who are happy to help you in that way. Should you ever need for us to check into warranty or recall information, or working with a dealership to resolve a concern, we're available to you.

Kindest regards,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks for the info Sarah!

Quote Originally Posted by blck lac View Post
    Get an isimple Bluetooth. You can keep everything stock and listen to all the music on your phn.
    This would be a perfect option as a hold-me-over until I can get everything together for my setup. Do you know if it will work with Droid phones as well? How is the sound quality? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by J W View Post
    Welcome, enjoy, and post some pics.
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll definitely post a pic soon. I need to get a nice sunny day to get some decent ones. Sorry for the delayed response as well. I put in 70 hours last week so I've been the definition of exhausted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.