Lambo doors on CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Lambo doors on CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I was wondering if anyone on these forums had lambo doors on their CTS. I was on craigslist looking for ...
    CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Lambo doors on CTS

I was wondering if anyone on these forums had lambo doors on their CTS. I was on craigslist looking for a cts v front bumper when I accidentally ran into a lambo door kit for sale. Made the hour and a half drive to get it and an hour and a drive back but got it at a great deal so it was worth it. Am going to attemp to install myself, since I am very particular on who works on my car and I like to spend time working on my cars. Just wanted to see if anyone else had done it and maybe see what the difficulty of it was since I have never done it.

Before anyone starts hating on the idea of it, (and I'm pretty sure a lot of people will), I work on my cars how I want and customize them to my liking. Also I've always been more concerned on the looks of a car and not so much the speed. Am going to start on working on it within the hour. Will post up pics of progress and if I finished or not tonight
    J W and J W like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC
    I was wondering if anyone on these forums had lambo doors on their CTS. I was on craigslist looking for a cts v front bumper when I accidentally ran into a lambo door kit for sale. Made the hour and a half drive to get it and an hour and a drive back but got it at a great deal so it was worth it. Am going to attemp to install myself, since I am very particular on who works on my car and I like to spend time working on my cars. Just wanted to see if anyone else had done it and maybe see what the difficulty of it was since I have never done it.

Before anyone starts hating on the idea of it, (and I'm pretty sure a lot of people will), I work on my cars how I want and customize them to my liking. Also I've always been more concerned on the looks of a car and not so much the speed. Am going to start on working on it within the hour. Will post up pics of progress and if I finished or not tonight
    I've thought about doing it. If I can find a kit to do the rear doors reverse lambo'd. So the rears would go up towards the rear and the fronts viva versa. I don't think there are any kits like that for rear doors though. I've seen it on a charger but that's it.

Re: Lambo doors on CTS

Quote Originally Posted by arogers260 View Post
    I've thought about doing it. If I can find a kit to do the rear doors reverse lambo'd. So the rears would go up towards the rear and the fronts viva versa. I don't think there are any kits like that for rear doors though. I've seen it on a charger but that's it.
    Yea I''ve yet to see a kit like that for the cts but that would be really cool. I am looking into suicides for the back but its requires more work and would get it done at a shop. Just want to get a quote on how much installation would be for the suicides.

Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC

Yea I''ve yet to see a kit like that for the cts but that would be really cool. I am looking into suicides for the back but its requires more work and would get it done at a shop. Just want to get a quote on how much installation would be for the suicides.
    Personally I think suicide rears with lambo fronts look terrible. But a suicide lambo in the rear would be sick but very costly for the fabrication. It's possible to do it but most likely not from a bolt on kit like the fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by arogers260 View Post
    Personally I think suicide rears with lambo fronts look terrible. But a suicide lambo in the rear would be sick but very costly for the fabrication. It's possible to do it but most likely not from a bolt on kit like the fronts.
    Yea I'd have to look more into it to see if I end up liking the look of both kits or not. And oh yea if that was possible from a bolt on kit I would jump on that no problem. Would be nice as hell but I'm sure you would have to get that custom made and it would cost you an arm and a leg to get it made and installed.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Lamborghini doesn't even use those doors anymore.....for a reason. Sorry but they are just horrible. But that is just my .02 cents. To each their own!
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne
    Lamborghini doesn't even use those doors anymore.....for a reason. Sorry but they are just horrible. But that is just my .02 cents. To each their own!
    They probly stopped when every car on the road can have them so it wasn't exclusive to their cars anymore. They only look good if done right. Say you have a 4 door car and just the fronts are lambo'd it will look dumb in my opinion. But if the rears are reverse lambo'd there is a good possibility it will look really good. Of course you would need to have a showroom quality car to go with the door conversions to complete the look. It just all depends on how much thought and money your willing to throw into a door conversion if it will come out how you imagine it.

Yea they can look nice if done right. I also live near houston where car shows are huge and people get real crazy and creative with their cars. In the end its something I like so that's all that matters to me!

Progress report: I am nowhere near done. I would post pics but by the time I took some it was dark out and the pictures are not that good. I got the hinge on shock on the drivers side door and got it functional, just need to work out some kinks. Will be working on it slowly since I get home late from work everyday and hopefully will finish on my day off which is Thursday. I will try to take a couple pics when I get home from work tomorrow and post em up.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

One of the most ridiculously stupid looking mods ever, esp. on a CTS

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

It's been years since i did a set of these, but a few things to note.
    *I hope you got a good quality kit and not the scabbed ones. little things like a jackscrew to do the final adjustments can make a huge different in final product.
    *hopefully you got the wiring extensions. it takes a LONG time to solder all those extensions in place, make dang sure you have them all connected properly, and routed correctly so no pinching
    *it's a 2 person job, one to hold things, one to weld or tighten
    *i can't remember exactly what we had to weld, but it was required for our project. problem was the kit didn't have jack screws for final adjustment, so once welded, it was not exactly where i wanted the level. it was function, but it wasn't perfect. the 2nd door was perfect though. jackscrew would've made both perfect.
    *we had to remove the front quarter panels and actually remove metal from the inside stamped structure to clear the rotating mechanism

Of course it can be done, and i'm hoping the kits have come a long way in design since the one we used, but it takes some 4 letter lubrication to accomplish. good luck with everything.

lambo.JPG
    CtsLAC and CtsLAC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillaxe View Post
    It's been years since i did a set of these, but a few things to note.
    *I hope you got a good quality kit and not the scabbed ones. little things like a jackscrew to do the final adjustments can make a huge different in final product.
    *hopefully you got the wiring extensions. it takes a LONG time to solder all those extensions in place, make dang sure you have them all connected properly, and routed correctly so no pinching
    *it's a 2 person job, one to hold things, one to weld or tighten
    *i can't remember exactly what we had to weld, but it was required for our project. problem was the kit didn't have jack screws for final adjustment, so once welded, it was not exactly where i wanted the level. it was function, but it wasn't perfect. the 2nd door was perfect though. jackscrew would've made both perfect.
    *we had to remove the front quarter panels and actually remove metal from the inside stamped structure to clear the rotating mechanism

Of course it can be done, and i'm hoping the kits have come a long way in design since the one we used, but it takes some 4 letter lubrication to accomplish. good luck with everything.

Attachment 108786
    Yea I got the vertical doors inc kit. So its one of the better ones if not the best kit u can purchase as far as I'm concerned. Yea I figured it was a two person job and even with 2 people it'd still a hard task. I did not get the extension and did notice the doors strain the wires so I will be manually extending the wires myself.

Have had great luck these past 2 days with getting out of work 4 hours early yesterday and getting out 2 hours early today. Will continue working on it as soon as I get home in about an hour and will be putting up pics of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC View Post
    Yea I got the vertical doors inc kit. So its one of the better ones if not the best kit u can purchase as far as I'm concerned. Yea I figured it was a two person job and even with 2 people it'd still a hard task. I did not get the extension and did notice the doors strain the wires so I will be manually extending the wires myself.

Have had great luck these past 2 days with getting out of work 4 hours early yesterday and getting out 2 hours early today. Will continue working on it as soon as I get home in about an hour and will be putting up pics of progress.
    your caddy's probably got a lot more whizbang to it than that old cop car, so make careful note of any sensors/wires, positioning, etc. that might be critical like door solenoids, windows going up and down when opening/closing, etc.

Yea, well its a pretty simple task u just gotta make sure u match em up right. Right after that I just gotta drop the door a little so it closes right and I'm hoping that's all there is to it and it works like its supposed to!

Alright here is a pic I took when I got home. About to start on extending the wires on the door!
    310188_4776221773873_816869889_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC View Post
    Alright here is a pic I took when I got home. About to start on extending the wires on the door!
    1. length
    2. strain relief
    3. shrink tubing/wear protection
    4. solder, not connectors

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.