Lambo doors on CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Lambo doors on CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by CtsLAC Alright here is a pic I took when I got home. About to start on extending ...
    CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: Lambo doors on CTS

Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC View Post
    Alright here is a pic I took when I got home. About to start on extending the wires on the door!
    Attachment 108882
    My worst nightmare is coming true....

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    Lamborghini doesn't even use those doors anymore.....for a reason. Sorry but they are just horrible. But that is just my .02 cents. To each their own!
    I agree that they dont belong on a CTS...or, imo, any 4 door. You are quite wrong that Lamborghini doesnt use their famous doors anymore. You should check them out firsthand sometime,stop by a dealership, instead of believing that stupid internet meme.
    Heres the meme.
    http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&gs...2F%3B750%3B600

Heres reality.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:20...iAventador.jpg

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC View Post
    I was wondering if anyone on these forums had lambo doors on their CTS. I was on craigslist looking for a cts v front bumper when I accidentally ran into a lambo door kit for sale. Made the hour and a half drive to get it and an hour and a drive back but got it at a great deal so it was worth it. Am going to attemp to install myself, since I am very particular on who works on my car and I like to spend time working on my cars. Just wanted to see if anyone else had done it and maybe see what the difficulty of it was since I have never done it.

Before anyone starts hating on the idea of it, (and I'm pretty sure a lot of people will), I work on my cars how I want and customize them to my liking. Also I've always been more concerned on the looks of a car and not so much the speed. Am going to start on working on it within the hour. Will post up pics of progress and if I finished or not tonight
    I think scissor doors look bad on any 4 door. Double suicide doors would look much cooler imo, or just rear suicide doors. I know someone with a Hyundai Sante Fe that has lambo doors.
    If you search search google enough, youll find pictures of 1stgens with lambo doors.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Well, seeing all the chrome accents on your car, I can say that the Lamborghini doors are for you.
    josney, josney, ben.gators and 7 others like this.

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L
    Did the lambo doors on an impala ss, it was great for a few months to me but the issues began and its not worth the pain and hassle, few months after getting them professional* installed the doors would not long shut properly ( would have to make sure you pull them down slow and make sure it shut properly), atfer a while it began to leaked when it rained hard, it also began to get pretty heavy for the misses to get in and out and of course the instrument panel on the door stopped working and the window motor due to water getting on the door panel when it rained, wasnt like I could open and shut the door real fast because the alignment keep getting off) probably about a year into having them they wouldnt even stand up on its own and if they did I didnt trust them, too much extra maintenance for really nothing other than showing off

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    Well, seeing all the chrome accents on your car, I can say that the Lamborghini doors are for you.
    hahaha, I thought the same exact thing. great way to screw up a perfectly good car

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V mostly stock

Screw it, I say do what you like. It's not my car - I'm not putting those doors on my car, not my thing. But I can't wait to see it when you're done, and I hope you love em. Haters gon hate.

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotictim View Post
    Screw it, I say do what you like. It's not my car - I'm not putting those doors on my car, not my thing. But I can't wait to see it when you're done, and I hope you love em. Haters gon hate.
    That is exactly what I used to say when I put them on my ss, haters gone hate and they did and after a while I did too, I think its a cool idea but if your car isnt made of carbon fiber and has light weight doors than its a bad idea until someone masters those kits, and I lived in houston they are big down there but alot of those people goto high end shops and have the kits custom made instead of buying cheap kits because trust me you get what you pay for.

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Yea its funny reading all the comments but I knew ahead of time people were gonna hate. It's my style and its what I'm going for. I live an hour from houston and cars here all are kinds of custom. I blow money on the appearance of a car and that's what matters to me. I make my cars stand out and people know me for my cars, but in the end I could care less what others think as long as I'm happy with it!
    J W, J W, TheBrown57 and 3 others like this.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC
    Yea its funny reading all the comments but I knew ahead of time people were gonna hate. It's my style and its what I'm going for. I live an hour from houston and cars here all are kinds of custom. I blow money on the appearance of a car and that's what matters to me. I make my cars stand out and people know me for my cars, but in the end I could care less what others think as long as I'm happy with it!
    That's all that matters at the end of the day!!! ;-)

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

The chrome accents that someone put on my car came straight off before I even bought the car, that was the condition of purchase, along with the super duper stick-on fake side vents, idiots...
    I understand the whole I want to be different than the other Cadillacs, but there are barely any here in the UK so why ruin things!
    As for the Lambo doors, in time you or other people will get bored of them and wish you had your old doors back, modern society has grown to love the conventional door, so as soon as someone see's you open it like a lambo they will honestly be in hysterics...dont do it..
    Money would be better spent elsewhere

this made me LOL http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-Cadill...6c4773&vxp=mtr

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by CTSUK View Post
    The chrome accents that someone put on my car came straight off before I even bought the car, that was the condition of purchase, along with the super duper stick-on fake side vents, idiots...
    I understand the whole I want to be different than the other Cadillacs, but there are barely any here in the UK so why ruin things!
    As for the Lambo doors, in time you or other people will get bored of them and wish you had your old doors back, modern society has grown to love the conventional door, so as soon as someone see's you open it like a lambo they will honestly be in hysterics...dont do it..
    Money would be better spent elsewhere
    Yea I debating the whole thing now. Its turning out to be quite a project and I don't really have time to keep messing with it. I get 2 days off a month so don't have time to work out kinks and so I think I'm just gonna put my old hinges for now and save this project for a later date or maybe ill end up selling the kit.

As far as the kit goes Its the $1300 vertical doors inc kit and it actually allows you to open the door regularly and then lift to make it a lambo so u don't have to open up all the time. Would just mostly use em for if I went to the beach or places where I would be close to my car so I could have em up for a bit.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

yep, vertical doors are about as good as you can get, not cheap, but it's a helluva an undertaking and longterm you may be less happy with functionality than looks. You can be like the guys in the crack neighborhood where i had my shop in FL, flip up the doors at stop lights so everyone can see you have them on your mid 80's chevy, then have a helluva time getting them shut right when the light turns green, haha.

if you're going to do it, make it perfect, but think real hard before you do it.

silver bullet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Lux/Sport

Some insurance company's will not cover this type of mod do to structural changes to the car.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

nedstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L Manual

Now that shit is 'pimpin'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.