Not the quality I thought I would get with Cadillac!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Not the quality I thought I would get with Cadillac!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi all; I purchased a used Canadian Cadillac CTS 2007 with 64,000 Kilometers on it in 2010. This was a ...
    bowdon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2007

Not the quality I thought I would get with Cadillac!!

Hi all;

I purchased a used Canadian Cadillac CTS 2007 with 64,000 Kilometers on it in 2010. This was a Cadillac dealers car ( around Quebec City, Quebec).

It had a balance of warranty and had numerous things changed ( thankfully it was on warranty!!) The rear wheel bearings at 80,000 KL, electronic components for the
    electrical engine controls, breather tubes for the rear.

It ran well for a year then the brakes were changed ( pads and discs). My cost because the warranty was over.

Last week, my transmission let go in Buffalo, New York while I was there on business. I received a call today from the tranny shop and the cooler radiator for the tranny
    let go and damaged the tranny. Imagine, it only have 83,000 miles but is over the 5 year warranty even though it does not have the millage. The tranny shop ( well reconized as

one of the best ones ( AAMCO) says they have never seen this type of problem with a Caddy and said it looked like a defective cooler system. This is going to cost me 4,000 dollars to repair!! I really have no choice because I need the car and I am renting a loner for the week to get back home and need to visit customers and suppliers.

I would like to get in touch with someone at Cadillac, Canada to see why this happened and send them the paperwork for the repairs.

I know, I don't have a leg to stand on because it over the year warranty even though the millage is 83,000 miles.

I will be venting all over the net and some blogs, this should never have happened with a Cadillac. This is my first one and don't plan on getting another one.

Can someone direct me to the web site and email addresses to someone highly placed at Cadillac Canada so I can vent!!

Thanking you in advance.
    Bowdon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 132k

Re: Not the quility I thought I would get with Cadillac!!

The trans cooler line issue is actually a common issue on these cars unfortunately.

I wish you luck in your quest for answers from GM, they might help out with the repair costs if you're lucky.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

Re: Not the quality I thought I would get with Cadillac!!

aamco is not one of the best. they have multiple lawsuits against them. fraud, deception, and misrepresentation by selling unneeded trannys, as well as charging for work never performed!!

http://aamcolawsuit.wordpress.com/
    see for yourself.
    i had a friend who worked there and he quit after 5 or 6 days becuase the quilty of work expected and perform was far below industry standard. personally i would never EVER go to aamco!!

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Not the quality I thought I would get with Cadillac!!

AAMCOs are franchises ... they're all different ... the one in our town is pretty good actually
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.