CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; 12335777Front Bumper Cover, CTS-V (must be painted) 25750634Right Bumper Extension (new inner fender well cover) 25750635Left Bumper Extension 25753700Right Fog ...
    CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Re: CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion

12335777Front Bumper Cover, CTS-V (must be painted)
    25750634Right Bumper Extension (new inner fender well cover)
    25750635Left Bumper Extension
    25753700Right Fog Lamp (includes air vent for brakes)
    25753699Left Fog Lamp
    25752695Lower Air Deflector (the lower engine cover/deflector)
    25750638Lower Stainless Mess Grille
    15147586Upper Stainless Mess Grille (includes emblems)

This is what it shows on cadillacfaq now I know the mesh grills are optional but is inner fender wells ubare talking about be the same as the right and left bumper extensions that they are talking about?

----------

Ok have gathered some pretty good info on what I need to do the bumper swap! Just need to know if I need to get a specific year v bumper or if any v bumper will work. I have found one for sale for $250 in good condition. Guy says only thing wrong with it is that some of the grill tabs are broken. I can probably get it for $200. He says its for an 08-12 will this one work?
    DavidBoren and DavidBoren like this.

JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts
    If you have 1st gen you need a 1g bumper cover. 08-12 is 2nd gen.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

I would not get one with broken tabs. You will regret it later when something does not fit as snug as it should.You will need to change the front half of the wheel liner if you want a proper fit. The V liner is a different shape in some areas.

V liner on the left.

Removing the bumper is fairly easy. It's mainly a bunch of push pins along the top and some underneath where it attaches to the air deflector pan and wheel liners. Once you have all the pins out there are 3 10mm bolts on each inner side right above your side markers. Loosen the two that are further back. Remove the one in the front completely. Do this on both sides. Removing the side marker lights will help make it easier to get to also. They just pop out by pressing on the tab at the top of the light from inside and pushing out.

The top of two bolts that you loosened on both sides fit into a key hole slot. If you slightly pull each side towards the front of the car it should drop down.

If you are going to change the upper grille now would be a good time to do it. The push pins will be easier to get to. Also putting the lower grille and fogs too.

Once all that is done just reverse the process.

If you do put the air ducts in, attach them to the fog light brackets before you put on the wheel liners. On the bottom side of the ducts and where they attach to the fog bracket there is a hole for a push pin.

You may need to get another rubber air dam deflector. I'm not sure but for some reason i believe they are different lengths. And also the pan is different. Hope this helps.

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Thanks for the info and pics man its helpful and easy to follow! Yea well onlyb the tabs for the grill are broken but either way it's for a second gen cts. The guy that was selling that bumper has a second one that's already primed. Is gonna tell me what year cts it will fit today. Have my fingers crossed

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

dcab1017 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

Smile QUICK QUESTION. cts-v front bumPer on cts?

I was wondering if it was possible to install a cts-v front bumper on my 03 cts. If so, what year cts-v will fit?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: QUICK QUESTION. cts-v front bumPer on cts?

Search for "front bumper" and guess what you'll find? http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nt-bumper.html
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Yes you can.....and any 03-07 CTS-V

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Merged 4 or 5 threads about CTS-V bumper conversions on the CTS. I'm sure there are other threads, too, but this one now has good pictures and parts lists.
    J W likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.