CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; wow cadillac kid.. you are the %#!$&* man. I am going for the look of the 2nd picture. I bought ...
    roma604 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Re: CTS-V Bumper Conversion/Clear Fogs, Sidemarkers

wow cadillac kid.. you are the %#!$&* man. I am going for the look of the 2nd picture. I bought a 2007 cadillac cts sport. black on black. fully loaded with every option except for navi. i waited about 2 years to find this exact car because i wanted it to look exactly like that picture. the front bumper conversion and clear fogs/sidemarkers is the first thing i want to do, i hate the orange DRL's lol.

I was thinking of buying the kit off ebay because it's the easiest/fastest route and also i read that i'll be able to sell my stock part for about $150?! as for the bumper.. i could probably wait to save a couple hundred bucks.. but i havn't seen one on ebay for a long time. (i've been searching for a while) There's only one lower mesh grill on there and it's $350 not including shipping..

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by roma604 View Post
    I was thinking of buying the kit off ebay because it's the easiest/fastest route and also i read that i'll be able to sell my stock part for about $150?! ..
    stay out the V section and believing those guys...i just dont see anybody getting $150 for stock CTS fogs...now with CTS-V fogs and the brackets, of course you could...but you dont have the brackets on your car

txt, do i still need to get the v brackets if i buy this? is there anyway to mount it without the v brackets?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...item45f4d48393

(edit)nevermind, this thread tells you how to do it. doesn't seem like it's too much of a hassle.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...og-lights.html

CadillacKid12 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 3.6L, Clear Fogs, 20" TV, Tints, Streeglow, V Bumper

ya thats the link i was going to post.

my bad i didnt see you have the sport so u already have my future dream grill WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND

like i idk wat route you are going but the stock brackets will fit the v bumper just need to modify it urself... me im a teenager and rush alot of things so i would screw it up i think, so i wanted for a set of V brackets.. alot of people have done the clear fog mod themselvs and im pretty sure that will only cost u 40 buks when done, alone w/ 5 buks in bolts, washers and screws to modify ur stock bracket to the v bumper, so in the end your paying 50 buks max compared to the 299.

if u decide to sell your top grill and do w/ another look, please drop me a line first id love to take it off your hands if you decide u hate it or gets a lil scratch on it...

goodluck with finding a lower mesh grill tho, i think paying gm that price brand new is a complete rip off tho.. work on your clear fogs first i think

so here's what my local gm dealer e-mailed me this morning..

"Hi Allan

The front cover 12335777 is $1062.25 and grille 25750638 is $615.00"

hahahaha woww no way in hell i'm paying that much.. how come canadians get ripped off on everything..

Cad4life is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets

I just got a quote from a guy who WORKS for GM and can get stuff at discount.

550 for the bumper and maybe 300 for the grille either way it cam to 900 including tax.

What hood is that on the first pic? nvr seen it

BTW this is exactly my 800th post guys, I feel proud just so ya know.

Fasciaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Guys I work with GM and I'm very familiar with this conversion. The regular CTS and V fascias have the exact same attachments to the sheet metal. The grills are interchangable from Stock, sport and V. The clear fog lamps are just the STS fog lamps and only work in the Vee fascia due to the bracket but if you remove the bracket I suppose you can get them to work in the Reg CTS fascia. Cheapest way is go find an old STS with good lamps.
    The one thing you will find is by putting a Vee fascia on a stock CTS is your Wheel liners are not long enough and you will have a rat hole at the bottom where the liner wont reach the bottom of the fascia. The belly pan is different and the Vees have air duct tubing below the fog lamps that the standard does not. I have access to some components at cost so contact me if you need something I may be able to help. Also if you have any other questions.

Fasciaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Okay the damn spammers have made this a huge pita. I am new and private msgs are disabled and cannot post a link to my email address until I post 5 times so please dont bother PM'ing me. I dont work for GM or at a dealership I buy obsolete material as when GM changed to the 08 model there was lots of old material Grills and lamps etc they had left over. Some times I get a deal on defective material which may be for a small piece of dirt in the paint or a scratch that most people wouldnt notice but cant be used for production. If I sold you something I would let you know what the defect was before you bought it though. Some are so minor you cant even see them in a picture. Anyway I do have a hotmail account and my address is rstubie so if it lets me post this you can try and reach me that way. I dont have much CTS stuff left a few Vee grills. I have lots of STSV stuff and one SRX sport upper and lower grill. Lots of 08 and newer grills and fog lamps. Emblems too

I got a quote from gmpartsdirect.ca $849.80 for front bumper and $492.00 for the lower grill with 'free' shipping. That's the lowest price I've found for the front bumper that is available to me. The grill I found on ebay was $92 cheaper with shipping. I got quotes from 3 different dealerships close to me.. all 3 of them had the exact same prices to the penny, it was the price I posted earlier. I wanna do this conversion so badly and I have the money to do it, but I'm smart enough to know this is not a good idea for that price. I don't know what I'm going to do hmmmmmmm..

hell dude Buy those headers, youll get just as much satisfaction out of those, and for def a cheaper price than the whole conversion.Like cadikid said, be patient.

Btw Ive come to realize, if I ever do the V bumper swap Im gonna make my own lower mesh grille, Im gonna do that for the vette anyway so minds well to this, and itll save a ton of money

BTW there's things you can do to your stock bumper that make it look a lot better!!

MY fix:

Cads4life likes this.

painted that lower peice! damn for being an ump you sure are blind lol

Cheap yet nice fix (for the time being lol)

Cant wait to see the pics man if I do it, Im doin a cowl hood at the same time

boguzaddrezz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Re: CTS to CTS-V front bumper swap? Q.

How do I install a V front end on a standard CTS?? I noticed alot of the info here is pretty outdated so if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2003 CTS which I plan to buy a cts-v bumper and place on but Ide like to know the complications and modifications (if any) that I might need to do.

Thanks kindly

Jhayzhone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Custom 2007 cts
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    This has been done many times in the past four or five years. The entire instructions with part numbers is on the sister site: http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html . . . . click on 'How do I install a V front end on a standard CTS"

You don't necessarily need the lower air deflector (belly pan) as your current one should snap right on. The front license plate mount is slightly different for the V bumper. The V inner fenderwells have brake ducts to match the duct under the V fog lights. Also, the actual brake ducts that go in between the bumper cover and the inner fenderwell panels are not listed there, but a search here will get you the part numbers. SDMarine posted them about 2 or 3 years ago.

Most of the parts are cheap (other than the bumper cover, fogs, and grills).
    Good info.. Thanks

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion

Ok so I want to change the front bumper on my 2005 cadillac cts to a cts v one. Do I need to get a specific year one? Also if I get the correct one will it be a direct fit? Anybody have any links or pics of cars that have just the front end done? Want to see how it come out looking with everything else stock.

I mainly want to know what are the parts the I MUST have to fit it. I live close to houston where cars are sold for parts ALL the time and can probably run into a cts v front bumper that Is already painted. I just need to know what parts like bolts or clips or brackets if any are needed to make the bumper secure. For a good price I can probably even get it with the fogs and grills.

Last thing, sorry typing as I'm thinking of all this, if I can't find anything here locally what is a good website or a good vender on here to get the parts for this front end conversion?

Thanks in advance for the help! New cadillac owner and have a lot in mind that I want to do with my car!

JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts
    Bumper cover, fog lights, inner fender wells, and lower "air dam" whatever it's called. The headlights and grille work for either car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.