CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS to CTS V front bumper conversion in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Odysseus thanks for the info. Also where do you recommend I buy the parts on gmpd or is there a ...
    1SICKCADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 CADILLAC CTS

Re: CTS to CTS-V front bumper swap? Q.

Odysseus thanks for the info. Also where do you recommend I buy the parts on gmpd or is there a cheaper place you would know of. And I saw side skirts on cadillacpartspeople.com that come painted already for $318 but the site says they are only for the '06 model(I have an '03) do you think its a direct bolt on and do you think it is a good deal.

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

The body/chassis is the same on all first generation (03 to 07) CTS's and CTS-Vs (other than bumpers and side skirts). The side skirts will fit. The only issue is the paint code matching. That is printed on the sticker under the spare tire cover.

I used GMPD a lot, but be aware shipping and handling will run another 15 to 20%. My dealer parts guy gives me a discount so that his price is close to the GMPD shipped price. Apparently, he doesn't see many modded Cadillacs and loves mine. I think there are a few other on-line discount parts dealers for GM parts as well.

pjd951990 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS

afterdigital is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 05

Quote Originally Posted by matthightower View Post
    i just finished putting the V grill Bumper lower grill, and side skirts on this weekend.. you would think its a v
    pics would be nice

roma604 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

CTS-V Bumper Conversion/Clear Fogs, Sidemarkers

Hey guys, so I want to put on the cts-v bumper and do the clear fogs and sidemarkers at the same time. I've read that lindsay cadillac is the best place to find all the parts without waiting for them to pop up on ebay. I found a thread listing everything I needed but are all these parts really necessary?

12335777 Front Bumper Cover, CTS-V
    25750634 Right Bumper Extension
    25750635 Left Bumper Extension
    25752695 Lower Air Deflector
    25750638 Lower Stainless Mesh Grille
    10 Push-in expansion pins for lower grille

I also found this package on ebay and wanted to know if anyone has used these clear fogs/sidemarkers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...item45f4d48393

scoundrel111 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6L Raven Black Volant CAI,V-Exhaust,to many to list

Re: CTS-V Bumper Conversion/Clear Fogs, Sidemarkers

You'll need the grilles and bumper and thats it for the V conversion.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Youll want the lower air deflector. It protects the underside of the front of the engine bay where the rad is...plus its more aerodynamic...

CadillacKid12 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 3.6L, Clear Fogs, 20" TV, Tints, Streeglow, V Bumper

ull need the top grill, bottom grill if you wanna go the cheep way out.. me i have street glow on my car and i dont use the bottom air deflector and my rad is alright, i did snag a set of CTSV fog brackets cuz i was scared to retrofit the stockers...

but if you wanna take the easy way out.. it can all be done and look just as good w/ just both grills to be purchaced.. ive researched this project since 2008 waiting for good prices on the items and i did

and all i am is zip tying my grill to bumper.. screw the push pins

good luck.. my pics will be up thruday

and yes those will work on the V bumper (ebay link i mean)

ill post pics of the memebers that have used the STS lights like the pacage above and not the plexi clear ones... ttyl

thanks for the replies. i emailed lindsay cadillac and my local gm dealership for a quote on all those parts earlier today.. waiting on the reply. i found the thread where someone bought just the bumper and the grill, so if all those other parts are too pricey i'll try it out with just those two.

concorso: does the v bumper have a different air deflector than the regular cts bumper?

i also found another thread where someone's used the kit i posted so i'll be purchasing that within the week. found this too http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/ which looks to be really helpful.

ya that thread will come in handy ^^^^ if u never did ur bumper b4, i was nervous my first time.. took me around 2 hrs but now, i changed my ballasts for my headlights.. bumper took 25 min soo

i just got my clear fogs switched into my V brackets, perfect fit. and they look friggin sexy !!!!!!! have my fogs out now.. have to go to my shop tomorrow and change my front brakes... should be fun w/ no DRL/blinkers in front all day lmao. o well

u got pics of the bumper.. already panited and ready to go or???? mines getting painted right now.. im soo excited for this lol. my stock bumper had to go.. way too many rock chips

no i still have to order all the parts.. i just got my car 3 days ago lol.. i wanted to know what i actually needed first before dropping all the money on all those parts. i'll be ordering just the bumper and ss mesh when i see what prices i get from both of them.. and the clearfogs/sidemarkers from ebay tomorrow.

this is a project that you dont want to jump all over b/c you can get the parts for cheep.

i just snagged a used OEM mesh lower grill for 70 buks, a bit damaged but uk ill live with it and a pair of V brackets for 40 buks

oem lower mesh goes for 247.00 and brackets from GM are 157.00 each.. ive searched and just waited for around 1 3/4 years and finally got around to it.. i bought my V bumper off ebay for 250$ primed and to my door.. and let it sit for 2 years lmao. im nuts..

if you have the money to spend and dont want to wait then go for it

HERE IS THE CLEAR FOG MOD that costs around 40 buks i believe to do it urself insead of buying the ones off ebay.. thats if you can wait and can do it urself

i actually shippped mine to texas and got them back in a week, another memeber does them. that cost me only 65 total with shipping instead of 299 on ebay like you want.. like i said this is a project to wait around and shop for prices on ebay and craigslist if u have the money to spend go for it id do the same thing

id say u need the bumper which is on gm for 577 or something like that
    and both grills are ave 225 /ea. me personally, only am doing the bottom grill b/c im wanting a sport grill for teh right price

but to start off id get the bumper, both mesh grills and V brackets off ebay.. if you decide to buy the V brackets from GM instead and go w/ the lexan plexy glass fog project, beware teh V brackets are not sold seprate. your paying for the foglight with it, if you get what im saying.. so if you like teh look of the STS fogs on the V bracket it is a good deal.

good luck any questions ask me or anybody else on here.

here is a quick rundown of ur options WHICH WILL COST YOU LESS

CTS with stock grill on top and v bumper on bottom powercoated black.... (my personal best)

CTS with sport grill on top and v bumper on bottom

CTS with stock grill on top and nothing on the bottom

CTS V with sport grill on top

or i guess you can go with a full conversion

notice all of thm have the clear fog mod cuz it was cheaper??? just trying to save u a few buks and you have time to ship ur fogs out while u order parts, OR if you decide to buy the link off ebay, you can take ur stockers and get them cleared out and ull have both sets and u can sell which other one you want.. WILL SELL QUICK. i promise ha ha

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

i must admit, as much as i would never put a V bumper on my car, those V bumper with the sports grille's on them look kind of hot...especially the 2nd pic by far looks the best

omg ya.. the 2nd pic is soo sexy... thats y i didnt get the top grill. im waiting to find a sport grill.. i think its teh best choice

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.