245 35 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 245 35 20 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Anyone running a 235/45/20 tire without rolling fenders or any type of modification? My rims are 20x8x38 offset. I currently ...
    caddi.devil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts

245 35 20

Anyone running a 235/45/20 tire without rolling fenders or any type of modification? My rims are 20x8x38 offset. I currently have 235/35/20 and I need more cushion on my rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I have 245/40/20 with 35 offset. If I didn't lower the car it would have been fine. But I put coilovers on so I had to roll the fenders. You should be ok!!!

blck lac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts 3.6
    I have some 235/30zr/22s on my 06 cts

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Re: 245 35 20

I have 245/35/20s and it used to rub bad in the back on the fenders. the front will clear it fine. i went to a tire shop and me and a guy from there went to autozone and bought something that they put in the back on the suspension to lift the car a little bit. probably ran me $25 on parts there but now they fit perfect and even have room in the back now. let me see if i can find a pic on what it ended up looking like

EDITTT: Just noticed u wanted 235/45 after posting this but u can see in the rear there is still plenty space so u could go a size or two up and in the front u could get the same thing done. i havnt noticed any problems with this so far. car still drives and handles good.

Here we go
    Side view of car:
    428487_4735461434890_784037049_n.jpg
    Space left on Front Wheels:
    944179_4743683240430_1312169296_n.jpg
    Space left on Rear Wheels:
    935337_4743683600439_673616763_n.jpg
    Anddd proof of 245/35zr/20 =P:
    247723_4743683880446_1262969482_n.jpg

caddi.devil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts
    Quote Originally Posted by CtsLAC
    I have 245/35/20s and it used to rub bad in the back on the fenders. the front will clear it fine. i went to a tire shop and me and a guy from there went to autozone and bought something that they put in the back on the suspension to lift the car a little bit. probably ran me $25 on parts there but now they fit perfect and even have room in the back now. let me see if i can find a pic on what it ended up looking like
    That is pretty much what I think I'll do. The roads here are terrible but I don't want to ride stock in the summer :-)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by caddi.devil View Post
    That is pretty much what I think I'll do. The roads here are terrible but I don't want to ride stock in the summer :-)

Thanks!
    No problem! Just go to where u normally buy tires or one of those little shops and ask them about it, if not just go straight to autozone and ask. Im sure its not that hard to install. the guy here at my local tire shop where i go took like 5 minutes per wheel. They come in 4 in a pack. they are like spacers or something and a pack is used per wheel but i drive fast from time to time and havnt had any problems yet. Hope everything works out for ya and u get some badass rims on your ride!

How much will the spacers lift the car? I need to lift the front of mine to prevent rubbing. Thanx

Those spacers give the car too much rake IMO. Getting the fenders rolled would make the tires not rub and keep the stock ride height. Why don't you want to roll the fenders?

----------

Here is the way mine sits on 20's with rolled fenders and about 1.5" lowered on coilovers.

they can raise it by an inch and a half. thats what it says up on the package anyways!

What's all involved In rolling the fenders? And what kind of cost is involved? I would love an even lower look.

Just call around and find a shop that does it. They usually charge $30 to $40 per corner. I bought the tool and did it myself. Here is a vid that shows how it is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_9QQdTrHE

Pretty easy to do. A shop near you will do it if they have the tool. It ends up very clean. Its actually very easy to do on our cars also because the fenders are already kinda half rolled from the factory. Here is my car with the factory 18's and lowered as much as I could get it. This was BEFORE I rolled the fenders too.

Just so I understand, is rolling a fender flattening the lip? Or flattening the lip and pushing the fender out ? Also, are you removing the plastic inside the wheel wells? I've been trying to keep mine as intact as possible. But I love my rims. I just want them to fit nicely. I'd upload some pics. But they're to big of a file????

Rolling the fenders is just folding the inside lip up. The inner wheel well plastics stay in place.

Yeah, I don't think just rolling it will help. I need to flare it out a bit also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.