Tuner chip - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Tuner chip in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by concorso I dont understand why RX cant dyno a CTS. They must have had one in teh ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: Tuner chip

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    I dont understand why RX cant dyno a CTS. They must have had one in teh shop to fit the iceolator. Why didnt they dyno it before and after install? Claiming 20 hp on an engine with different heads (DI V6) is not proof to me. I dont know, maybe their sales are doing well. I wont buy it with a dyno run tho.

----------

Thats a good time, Tl, but do you have a run with JUST the iceolator.

----------

The highest dynod numbers Ive seen were by SDMarineguy. He had headers and dynoed at 238, and stock was 203. That puts him somewhere around 295 hp. Are we to believe that the iceolator makes as much difference as headers? If yes, then show a dynosheet!
    Corso. Rx had an in shop dyno that was a tech guy's but he left and left Tracy without a dyno for a while. I just got word today from Tracy this his new AWD dyno is setup!! We will be working on another project (that will eventually also be production) when I go over there next and should be able to get it on the dyno np. I will ask him if we can take the iceolator out then put it back in and do dyno runs on it but no gurantee as it's a 3 hour drive for me so were usually time limited. I'm pretty sure we will have dyno runs for the next project though.

and as far as the iceolator...all I can say is it is worth it. Yes, you're correct and I understand your skepticism with no dyno results. I'll point that out to Tracy and see what we can get done

CTS414 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L Volant CAI/Gibson Exhaust/18" Modas

I would be very interested in dyno results with the iceolator. I was actually going to buy it anyway (tried multiple times), but I guess I'll just wait for now.

I even have some new NGK spark plugs here that I was waiting to install at the same time as well.

After all the talk about it on here about doing it I couldn't believe a dyno hadn't been done myself.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    I thought they didn't make headers for this car anymore! Are they still available?
    'They' dont. Im not sure what your confused about?

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso
    'They' dont. Im not sure what your confused about?
    Someone mentioned they had headers on their car. I have read someone use to make them. I was inquiring to see if they were still available. I wasn't confused.....

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd View Post
    Found this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hp...llac/model/cts . click on applications tab, shows both V and non V. Not a hand held though, it's for your laptop/desktop computer. Website: http://www.hptuners.com/ Pretty sweet, just looks like it's for a small business with a dyno. Probably could use it to tink around with settings if you knew what you were doing. They also offer a handheld scanner just for monitoring.

Universal: No
    Make: CADILLAC
    Model: CTS
    Submodel: BASE
    Beginning Year: 2004
    Ending Year: 2007
    Engine Type: V6
    Liter: 3.6
    CID: 217
    Engine Size: 3.6L/217
    Engine Family: GM V6
    Transmission: Automatic
    Adjustable Shift Points: Yes
    Adjustable Shift Firmness: Yes
    Adjustable Rev Limiter (application): Yes
    Adjustable Top Speed Limiter: Yes
    Speedometer Recalibration: Yes
    Adjustable Cooling Fan Temperature: Yes
    Diagnostic Scanning: Yes
    You didnt read the entire thread.:P Ive had a HPtune for a few years, Im not the only one. Theres no sjupport for the trans, tho.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pwayne View Post
    You can go directly to HPTUNERS for their set up. Our ECU (2.8, 3.6) is a Bosch unit for the Alloytec engine, derived from the Austrailian Holden Engineering design. I guess that's why there is not much of an aftermarket for it, not many U.S. cars a Bosch ECU. HPTUNERS does not offer transmission tuning for the 5 or 6 speed automatic, only the 4 speed auto (2004??). Also, the engine tuning is not very intuitive, and they dont give you much help. Even their forum doesnt help much because not many people have tuned the Bosch ECU, which is different from the typical GM or Ford ECU. I recommend sticking with minor hardware mods like Volant intake, and exhaust (this will only make a very small difference). If you can find a good tuner that is willing to spend time learning the Bosch ECU tuning tables so that they can safely and effectively tune your car via HPtuners, that might be a good option. Good luck.
    Uses the Bosch ME9 unit. A close friend tuned mine, but hes quite adept at tuning. You might also look at EFI Live. I think they support our setup.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    Someone mentioned they had headers on their car. I have read someone use to make them. I was inquiring to see if they were still available. I wasn't confused.....
    AFAICT, Im the only one in this thread who mentioned headers. Lund Cadillac had them made. If someone were to contact Lund Cadillac to see who made them for Lund, we might be able to get that exhaust company making a few sets again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.