- 05-07-13 06:25 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
I think I'm gonna run a straight pipe from the cats back. Has anyone ever done this? And does anyone have a sound clip if they have straight pipes on their car
- 05-07-13 06:53 PM #2
Re: Straight pipe
I think the first one who did it, was murdered neighbors. A sound file was a mitigating factor in sentencing.
- 05-07-13 08:55 PM #3
Probably not the best idea to do it. It is going to have a loud annoying straightpipe sound. The best one by far I have heard is from the headers into an H-pipe to a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler out to the tips. Had a very nice sound. YouTube SvB4EvA. He has a nice clip of it.
- 05-07-13 08:59 PM #4
The shop I brought it to said there wouldn't be enough room to run that
- 05-07-13 10:00 PM #5Originally Posted by DWebb_CTS
Sorry it measures 4x9x11. It is a magnaflow and the part number is 11378. Th H-pipe can be found on eBay for around $50.
- 05-08-13 07:04 AM #6Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS
Originally Posted by Blayne
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
- 05-08-13 09:50 AM #7
I said use an H-pipe because it will give it a touch lower sound than the x-pipe. It will help eliminate the raspy sound.
- 05-08-13 10:19 AM #8
Love my H pipe.
- 05-08-13 12:22 PM #9Originally Posted by JhughesCTS
- 05-08-13 07:18 PM #10
- 05-08-13 08:02 PM #11Originally Posted by DavidBoren
- 05-08-13 08:31 PM #12Originally Posted by DavidBoren
- 05-08-13 11:39 PM #13Originally Posted by Blayne
Right now my cutout (basically a muffler delete) sounds really nice an' throaty so I want to be sure I'm upgrading the sound quality if I'm investing in all this.
This also isn't blaringly loud is it? My cutout as is is a great volume level. Louder, but not in your face.
- 05-09-13 02:32 AM #14Originally Posted by Blayne
Check out the exhaust challenge thread. That's not the name but here is a thread where a member went through different setups:
Refer to page seven to save time
- 05-09-13 02:49 AM #15
2.25" pipe cat back, H pipe, dual magnaflows. The H pipe made it slightly quieter and deepened the tone.
----------Originally Posted by JhughesCTS