Straight pipe - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Straight pipe in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My setup is a V exhaust (2.5") with a resonator delete and H pipe install, paired with a custom Rx ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: Straight pipe

My setup is a V exhaust (2.5") with a resonator delete and H pipe install, paired with a custom Rx CAI (hopefully in production before long, they've been crazy busy over there)

Anyways, I love my setup. Its throaty, and is not at all obnoxious (unless I want it to be haha). There's no drone which was also a really nice quality about my setup. Plus it was cheaper than other setups.

I'm going to try to create another video before long that will be higher quality and display the exhaust in a better manner. That video was just a splice together with my phone. I can also unhook and record that sound if y'all would like to hear what straight pipe catback would sound like. If yall want, I'm open to requests on video angles you would like. I should have access to a gopro soon.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Oh ya, to the OP.....if you do a custom setup it's a good idea to go up to a 2.5" piping. This also helps to get a bit of a lower throatier sound.

DWebb_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I ended up using 2.5 pipe and running a straight pipe from the stock res back and I love the sound of it

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by DWebb_CTS View Post
    The shop I brought it to said there wouldn't be enough room to run that
    Take it elsewhere. Sounds like they don't know what they're doing to say something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DWebb_CTS View Post
    I think I'm gonna run a straight pipe from the cats back. Has anyone ever done this? And does anyone have a sound clip if they have straight pipes on their car
    I've heard clips. It sounds horrendous, IMO. I'd go Magnaflow mufflers.
    Tlorenzen and Tlorenzen like this.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

From everything I have seen/heard, the Vee-car exhaust is the best place to start. It is cheap, gives you bigger pipes, and is a guaranteed fit. Best of all, it is not loud or raspy or plagued by drone. I found a pretty good youtube comparing the stock 3.6 dual exhaust to the V exhaust on the same car, in the same garage, rev'ing the engine to the same rpm range.

I was worried that the LY7 would not push enough volume through the pipes, and leave you with that snap, crackle, pop when you let off the go-pedal... but they took it from idle to 4000rpms and back without any rice-popping. I am currently hunting down a Vee-car exhaust for my 3.6 CTS. If I can still hear the Volant over it, I will probably add the H-pipe, just for the sake of balancing everything out. I would imagine that I am not the only person with the Volant CAI that gets feedback around 1500rpms-2000rpms, maybe 1750-2250 would be more exact.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.