Cleaning back deck close to window
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Cleaning back deck close to window in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Sorry if this has been covered, I did a search and couldn't find it.......... I have a 2006 CTS and ...
    Ty_
    Ty_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Cleaning back deck close to window

Sorry if this has been covered, I did a search and couldn't find it..........

I have a 2006 CTS and where the back deck meets the window, there are a few little pieces of debris that are really driving me crazy. The space is really, really narrow. I've tried getting the crevice tool on my shop vac real close, hoping the mighty suction would pull it out of there. No luck. I also connected a really small piece that is intended to inflate beach toys to my air compressor. I was able to get pretty close but not all of the debris blew out.

Of course, every time I walk past my car, I laser focus on those little pieces of whatever they are (dead bugs, dust??) Has anyone fashioned anything to get in there and clean that area?

Just in case anyone wonders, I read the instructions on removing the deck and I don't think those little things bother me that much! I'd surely scratch something or tear leather and that would be much worse than the dirt in there now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nedstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L Manual

Re: Cleaning back deck close to window

Tape/attach an empty paper towel roll to the end of the vaccuum hose. It will collapse as you squeeze it into the wedge...about as thin as possible. Can't really imagine anything would work better than this

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Check out some of the tricks the detailers use. Like cut off paint brushes.

JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts
    Quote Originally Posted by Argent1
    Check out some of the tricks the detailers use. Like cut off paint brushes.
    +1 for paint brushes. That is what I use when detailing.

Ty_

Maybe a real stiff and small paint brush would work. The Cardboard roll sounds like a good idea too. Thanks!

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    How about using air to blow it out of the small cracks and the vacuum it up. Just a thought.

Ty_

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    How about using air to blow it out of the small cracks and the vacuum it up. Just a thought.
    Already tried that. I guess I couldn't get close enough.

LarryE. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts coupe

I have solved your problem! Simply buy a dollar store funnel at least 8 inches long. cut the end of funnel diagonally like you would open a tube of caulk. Then cut top of funnel down unti it matches the vaccum hose size. just tape it to hose with body masking tape and proceed to clean. I hope this helped.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by LarryE. View Post
    I have solved your problem! Simply buy a dollar store funnel at least 8 inches long. cut the end of funnel diagonally like you would open a tube of caulk. Then cut top of funnel down unti it matches the vaccum hose size. just tape it to hose with body masking tape and proceed to clean. I hope this helped.
    You could also try one of those computer cleaning kits. They come with mini vacuum tools that attach to a reg vac. cleaner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.