HID and Fog match
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, HID and Fog match in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm sure there have been numerous threads and I have searched multiple forums...but my question is I am looking to ...
    onlyalec is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HID and Fog match

I'm sure there have been numerous threads and I have searched multiple forums...but
    my question is I am looking to purchase the Morimoto 5000k 35 HID kit (has anyone had luck with this)
    and if so what would be my best bet in order to match the 5000k for my h10 fog lights. Should I go halogen route
    or led route? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've heard of the Mtec 4350 Super White (http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...ITE-282-0.html)
    and also the DDM H10 Led (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/H10-LED). I'd like to do it right the first time.

Thanks for the support, Alec.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I haven't used that HiD kit. I used a lumens kit which I used for my fogs. If you are getting HID's for the headlights then you should do the same for the fogs. I used 6000k for the fogs and I will be upgrading the 4300k factory HID's to 6k also. The HiD fogs really put out a nice light.

Tx_Cts_1821 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: HID and Fog match

I have both 5000K in low beams and fogs and the color output is a slight difference. The low beam projectors make the light on the road close to white, while the fogs make the lights look on the bluer end of 5000K. The difference is not significant though, I think I have a picture of mine on the 2 to last page I believe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.