Clunking,worble noise at low speeds....2006 cts base
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Clunking,worble noise at low speeds....2006 cts base in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Best way to describe it is a steady,worble,clunking noise from what sounds like the front end. I hear it mostly ...
    alexe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Clunking,worble noise at low speeds....2006 cts base

Best way to describe it is a steady,worble,clunking noise from what sounds like the front end. I hear it mostly when driving through a concrete parking lot or road. Almost sounds like deep base morse code! Nothing when going over speed bumps or normal driving. I've replaced the front/rear struts and sway bar bushing and links.
    2 NTB's and even the dealer can't find anything wrong!
    Thanks in advance...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Odysseyvegas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Re: Clunking,worble noise at low speeds....2006 cts base

Alexe, can you provide some more detail? What condition are your tires? Is it only on concrete surfaces that this happens? ? I can only offer that I would definitely try to reconstruct the noise on demand. I'd then go to another dealer. Technicians can use chassis microphones to further isolate where the noise is coming from. Literally they place these things in different areas of the vehicle, with the technician listening to what looks somewhat like a doctors stethoscope. Sounds funny but works. Basically process of elimination. Best to you in your efforts to resolve.

ClarkW913 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexe View Post
    Best way to describe it is a steady,worble,clunking noise from what sounds like the front end. I hear it mostly when driving through a concrete parking lot or road. Almost sounds like deep base morse code! Nothing when going over speed bumps or normal driving. I've replaced the front/rear struts and sway bar bushing and links.
    Thanks in advance...
    I'm having a similar issue. Any help?

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Any of you guys check the drive shaft carrier bearings? I know most describe the noise as growl or whine but sometimes as the bearings wear it might get sloppy loose and start making the noise your hearing.

well I'm thinking that if it was the drive shaft carrier then the noise would be heard/felt in the center of the car, especially when accelerating. I had that issue on a BMW and you could feel it. Don't think that's our issue. In my case it's a rapid raddle/thump/worble etc when moving slow. If you heard it it's not proportional to speed. Best way to describe it is if you were tapping morse code on a solid surface...basey...deep sound.

DeFo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by alexe View Post
    Thanks in advance...
    I have the same issue. I am convinced the sound is 100% related to some part(s) of the front suspension. I had an almost exact sound/problem on another vehicle (did not hear the sounds on good smooth roads), and it turned out to be a loose bolt on the front passenger, upper control arm, that connected to the wheel hub (and by "loose" I mean it was not torqued down correctly, you could not visually see it was loose, nor could you tell by lifting the car and shaking the wheel assembly, it would only wiggle/move with the vehicle's load/weight).

I was planning to get a full wheel alignment on the CTS next week, and ask the shop to check all of the front suspension connection points, including the sway bar links.
    Also, I'm certain my issue is on the passenger side.

I just had an alignment last week. Let me know what you find out! thanks! dave

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi All,

I am sorry your vehicles are experiencing a similar issue with a sound problem. I see that you are keeping in contact with one another and trying to help each other out. If there are additional questions or concerns please private message me! In the private message please include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and your issue.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

ClarkW913 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Had anyone else checked their battery? I think mine may be bouncing around causing issues, but may be mistaken. Thanks again

icaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    This could be brake caliper guide pin issue. I had the same problem months ago and I changed guide pins at both sides front and noise was gone.

----------

You can check your caliper by push it back and forth to see if it's loose. If it gets loose then it's guide pin problem

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by icaddy
    This could be brake caliper guide pin issue. I had the same problem months ago and I changed guide pins at both sides front and noise was gone.

----------

You can check your caliper by push it back and forth to see if it's loose. If it gets loose then it's guide pin problem
    I have the same issue here, I've actually pulled the caliper off and found the guide pin on the driver side extremely easy to take out of the caliper.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.