makeover
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, makeover in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Looking to do some work on my 05 cts but don't know where to start. Want to give her a ...
    romoycts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

makeover

Looking to do some work on my 05 cts but don't know where to start. Want to give her a make over seeing as she just hit 100k...still performing excellently except for a power differential bushing issue any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

s_tharsan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport

Re: makeover

The rear differential bushing was a little tricky but hopefully my thread I started and posted my experience will help you. Last few posts on this thread have my diy.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-put-into.html

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: makeover

It depends what you want to focus on first. I am a huge proponent of form follows function. I, personally, think that performance trumps appearance, and thusly, would start under the hood.

The aftermarket for the LY7 is quite limited, but what is out there seems to work. Cold air intakes, from various manufacturers, are available. Volant is pretty popular around here, as there have been independent dyno tests to show its results. I have one and am quite happy with it.
    RX Performance has built a host of accessories for this engine, including an intake manifold spacer, breather cap, and catch can. All of which seem to come highly recommended (I have have all of them, just waiting to install).
    External transmission coolers are also a recommended upgrade. Just a word of advice, get one with 1/2" input/output, to match the OEM lines.
    Between RevShift and Creative Steel, you should be able to find all the bushings and mounts you could possibly need.
    Grabbing the stiffer springs, stiffer sways, and a larger exhaust from a CTS-V gives you factory fitting parts built for a heavier/sportier car... these are all very popular upgrades.
    BMR Suspension makes some heavy duty suspension components meant for the CTS-V that will fit.

Other than that, if you are wanting to change the appearance of your car, look into grabbing both the bumper covers and side skirts off a Vee-car, debadge, and keep her clean.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.